Search Results
So anyway I was checking out the site tracking thingy drooling over each no hit and I noticed that some people are arriving here by some unusual routes.
Sure a few search engine results are expected. Take Roe Conn for instance. He is a Chicago based Radio personality about whom I've blogged previously. I used to listen to his radio show and I am well aware of his narcissistic tendency to "Google" himself with regularity. It doesn't surprise me that his name showed up in a search engine and I wouldn't doubt if he clicked through himself. So I'll leave a little message for his next ego stroking : Your show still sucks and I encourage other people to stop listening to WLS AM radio in Chicago until such time as your show and station finds a little more balance.
Other predictable links are key words or ideas from one of mine or the Shy's previous posts. Whenever we need to find something we talked about previously we use the handy - dandy search bar and the permalink and hopefully one gets to dust off a bit of something from the archives.
Sometimes a title of one of the posts will come up in someone's results. They never comment when they stop by, so I'm guessing its one of those things where people are looking for something specific and will browse every link just in case, but only sped enough on a site to verify that it was not in fact what they were looking for. One person was looking for Loony toon t-shirts. Someone else was wondering how not to be tactless. Perhaps an activist was looking for Walmart employee abuses. They all found Shockingly provincial.
Now here are a couple I just don't understand. We came up under "TAKE A PENNY, LEAVE A PENNY DISH" that I don't remember ever talking about, thought it may be something the Shy said. I have absolutely no idea why this came up. I'm not doing research here. Just trying for global domination one mind at a time.
And that brings me to the Master Plan (to take over the world). I'm just not getting the Google or Yahoo rank I would want. A more accurate description would be is that if I'm listed anywhere in that monster list of megalomaniac and conspiracy theorists, it certainly isn't anywhere that any reasonable person looking for the Master Plan (to take over the world) could easily find it. This is unacceptable. I must try harder. The non existent minions must try harder. I'd whip the Shy but she is already working hard on the school thing and that takes precedence to global domination and she is not all that interested in ruling the world anyways. (And she would probably stop writing for the blog too. So no beating on the Shy). I'm going to have to ask that if in the future anyone finds cause to link to one of my various rants that they find it in themselves to mention the Master Plan (to take over the world) in an attempt to put Shockingly Provincial on the Google map in that area. The World will not conquer itself. It needs our help.
More Laters
Sure a few search engine results are expected. Take Roe Conn for instance. He is a Chicago based Radio personality about whom I've blogged previously. I used to listen to his radio show and I am well aware of his narcissistic tendency to "Google" himself with regularity. It doesn't surprise me that his name showed up in a search engine and I wouldn't doubt if he clicked through himself. So I'll leave a little message for his next ego stroking : Your show still sucks and I encourage other people to stop listening to WLS AM radio in Chicago until such time as your show and station finds a little more balance.
Other predictable links are key words or ideas from one of mine or the Shy's previous posts. Whenever we need to find something we talked about previously we use the handy - dandy search bar and the permalink and hopefully one gets to dust off a bit of something from the archives.
Sometimes a title of one of the posts will come up in someone's results. They never comment when they stop by, so I'm guessing its one of those things where people are looking for something specific and will browse every link just in case, but only sped enough on a site to verify that it was not in fact what they were looking for. One person was looking for Loony toon t-shirts. Someone else was wondering how not to be tactless. Perhaps an activist was looking for Walmart employee abuses. They all found Shockingly provincial.
Now here are a couple I just don't understand. We came up under "TAKE A PENNY, LEAVE A PENNY DISH" that I don't remember ever talking about, thought it may be something the Shy said. I have absolutely no idea why this came up. I'm not doing research here. Just trying for global domination one mind at a time.
And that brings me to the Master Plan (to take over the world). I'm just not getting the Google or Yahoo rank I would want. A more accurate description would be is that if I'm listed anywhere in that monster list of megalomaniac and conspiracy theorists, it certainly isn't anywhere that any reasonable person looking for the Master Plan (to take over the world) could easily find it. This is unacceptable. I must try harder. The non existent minions must try harder. I'd whip the Shy but she is already working hard on the school thing and that takes precedence to global domination and she is not all that interested in ruling the world anyways. (And she would probably stop writing for the blog too. So no beating on the Shy). I'm going to have to ask that if in the future anyone finds cause to link to one of my various rants that they find it in themselves to mention the Master Plan (to take over the world) in an attempt to put Shockingly Provincial on the Google map in that area. The World will not conquer itself. It needs our help.
More Laters















4 Comments:
i hate my blog's search results too. a search for "ipodular" should totally have my blog in the results, dammit!
seriously, everyone should start using the word "ipodular." like, now.
I shall mention the Plan (to take over the world) and link you in my next post.
I love the Evil Plan generator. It's like mad libs for the would be dark overlord.
I dont know if I can bring myself to use Ipodular. It screams apple product and logoism and comercialism and arrrrrghh Image savy people!
Thank you Chellee I always appreciate a mention.
So you want to conquer Google with 'Master Plan' before you conquer the world. :)
You are right that you need more links pointing to your website. However it will be more effective to hyperlink the words 'Master Plan' pointing to your blog.
Hail Richler.
Post a Comment
<< Home