No Job, No Degree
It's going on three years now since last I saw a paycheck. Not that a paycheck is necessary, I'll take cash. What I really ought to say is that it has been a long time since last I was gainfully employed. Not that I want to work. I want the money. In the abstract I'm willing to push through a certain amount labor, be it physical or mental, to earn my bread. The reality of job involving a uniform and /or fried food leaves me somewhat terrified. My resume of education and work experience leave a bit to be desired.
I've grown quite fond of not working. At first it was all stress and taking care of the mother recovering from multiple bypasses. Once the surgeries and time had passed however. I realized that just sitting around keeping the crazy mom lady company beat the hell out of working for a living. Why I could surf the web or play games or read. The social life takes a bit of a hit when you can not get out. The days tend to blend into each other and I have to stay up all hours of the night if I want any privacy. Still when all it comes down to the nitty gritty id rather be doing this than trying to explain the gap in my employment history to HR type who is probably younger than me.
I'm without a degree. I thought of signing my name Rich Rosenthal N.D. (No Degree). This could lead to confusion. I could just picture some poor fool coming upon my ramblings and assuming the letters stood for some sort of doctorate. Rather I spent many years at a university trying desperately not to graduate, as They might put me to work. Work is bad. It is a four letter word. I know I did it once upon a time.
More laters
I've grown quite fond of not working. At first it was all stress and taking care of the mother recovering from multiple bypasses. Once the surgeries and time had passed however. I realized that just sitting around keeping the crazy mom lady company beat the hell out of working for a living. Why I could surf the web or play games or read. The social life takes a bit of a hit when you can not get out. The days tend to blend into each other and I have to stay up all hours of the night if I want any privacy. Still when all it comes down to the nitty gritty id rather be doing this than trying to explain the gap in my employment history to HR type who is probably younger than me.
I'm without a degree. I thought of signing my name Rich Rosenthal N.D. (No Degree). This could lead to confusion. I could just picture some poor fool coming upon my ramblings and assuming the letters stood for some sort of doctorate. Rather I spent many years at a university trying desperately not to graduate, as They might put me to work. Work is bad. It is a four letter word. I know I did it once upon a time.
More laters















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home