A Velvet Dream
Back when I was living with The Shy and Joe cool we had a Velvet Elvis hanging in our Bathroom. My previous two roommates had move out one before the other. The one who brought the Elvis to our home was moving in with his fiance, who wished very much to never see that portrait again. The man who stuck it out another month before moving to Springfield and a better radio market left everything that wasn't absolutely essential to the move. This left me with the Elvis. So when Joe cool and later the Shy moved in they acknowledged that not only did the portrait suit our personalities and that hanging it above the toilet was right and proper, but they acknowledge that it was my Elvis and that it would go with me.
In every place I've lived since, no one has appreciated the beauty of the icon and that the only proper place for it to be placed is above the cammode. He is my saint of not dying in the bathroom and I pay homage to him on those rare occasions I need to kneel before the porcelain throne.
So a simple dream, a hope, a fervent wish of mine is to one day be in a place where I can display the King in his rightful place. To be either in a place of my own or with someone who appreciates the twisted humor and appropriateness of the quasi deification of one Saint Elvis, King of Rock and Roll.
More Laters
In every place I've lived since, no one has appreciated the beauty of the icon and that the only proper place for it to be placed is above the cammode. He is my saint of not dying in the bathroom and I pay homage to him on those rare occasions I need to kneel before the porcelain throne.
So a simple dream, a hope, a fervent wish of mine is to one day be in a place where I can display the King in his rightful place. To be either in a place of my own or with someone who appreciates the twisted humor and appropriateness of the quasi deification of one Saint Elvis, King of Rock and Roll.
More Laters















3 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
no one i have lived with since you and greg have expressed any interest in displaying a velvet elvis above the throne either. not even my ever loving, supportive to a fault, mother. jim didn't say i couldn't but his look suggested that he thought it to be a tad distasteful. bah!
i have a pic of elvis above our old throne. i could scan it for ya if you want.
the following is quote worthy material from you. if i write you into a book, your character will have to say it:
"He is my saint of not dying in the bathroom and I pay homage to him on those rare occasions I need to kneel before the porcelain throne"
Ohh bathroom pic coolness! Definately something to see.
Post a Comment
<< Home