Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Video Crack

At the bar we use to call the poker machines video crack. People would sit at em for hours on end pumping in an 20 dollar bills, sure that the machine was ready to "hit" any moment.

Video games are like that for me sometimes. I can sit holed up in a room for inhuman lengths saying to myself, "just five more minutes." The Blog Explosion thing is a bit like that too. You keep browsing and rating stuff, earning credits for your site. I'm a little burned on the political blogs so I thought I might cut back a bit especially since I found something else. Neopets.

Clicking on a little cartoon character link Like this one





uklamok got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com




on some site I never bookmarked brought me to site filled with games and cheesy cartoony characters. There is also some disturbing child aimed marketing, but I was able to swallow my morals and avoid the most blatant examples of consumer training. This distraction may last a while. Anyway I'm not saying it's the end all be all of fun but until rhetoric dies down in the blog world I think I'm just going to play with my disgustingly cute lizard pet thingy. I'd suggest that the Shy may want a unicorn thingy, but she knows where I live and may make that special trip to hunt me down and carve out my eyeballs. Or not. She's not all that violent really maybe a psych warfare thing.

More Laters

6 Comments:

Blogger mk said...

So cute!!! Looks like a red alligator to me. :)

5:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh...neopets has been a staple of my household for quite a while now. Strictly name recognition on my part, though; I don't know exactly what you are supposed to DO with a neopet. Feed it? Eat it? Train it? Escapism and transference comes in all forms.

Big Brother

8:41 AM  
Blogger Shy said...

i need a unicorn eh? i take a break from writing portfolio crap to find out that i need a unicorn....actually, if i can train my unicorn to spear people, it wouldn't be so bad. at least you acknowledge my love and respect for the velvet elvis.

if i wanted to torture a guy, i wouldn't carve out his eyes. no. i would cut off his thumbs so he could see video games but not beable to play them....or at least have a disadvantage.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Miss Behaving [badly] said...

I took your suggestion and joined the explosion.
There is not many peeps on it yet :( But anyway I don't know if you get anything for me joining, but if it something awesome then you know where I "live"..
Did you really get a free ipod btw..did it ever turn up ? Where are your links on this page, only in the footers - and do you wanna trade links or what.
Let me know on mine, your site is hard to find myself and what I am saying, being ruler of the world I am also quite time "poor".
Thanks for the banner compliment, I am only playing around and still trying to develop a style for HG.
The template could be a lot better too, but baby steps yeah ?

Sweet.
HG

10:17 PM  
Blogger Miss Behaving [badly] said...

lol, I just realised that we do have the same template, oh except you haven't changed yours at all, like at ..all. so anyway, yeah it is awesome and really really coolerish.

*sound of door slam and screech of tyres*

10:19 PM  
Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

Heroinegirl -- I never did the Ipod thing. I'm thinking yas must have read that on another blog using the same template. I May change the template of the entire blog at some future date but I find this to be functional enough for my purposes.

Shy -- No thumbs and an xbox controller would be bad. Much crying and wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Zac -- one can see a direct correlation between the quality of what I write and the hours I play games. the more brain numb I am, the more likely I'll put up a post of links or a half hearted rant.

2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home