Thursday, September 09, 2004

price check and football

being the proud owner of an '85 GMC Sierra, i like to bitch and moan about gas prices. 'ole sammy can guzzle down the gas. then, i came upon a link at ebaums that put things into perspective for me and i don't think i'll complain about the 1.78 price per gallon.

Other news that made my night would fall under the category "Patriots Win". Tonight was the first night of the Football season (excluding preseason). Tonight was especially sweet because as mentioned, the Patriots won. Not a bad game. Even Vinatieri made me happy. Vinatieri has been known to frustrate me on many occasions. he gets all the credit for awesome saves at the end of the games. i can't help but think "had he made the field goal ealier, we wouldn't be in this position". He's a great kicker, i just have it in for him. something about him pisses me off. i should really try and grow up.

sadly, Kevin Faulk's mother passed away. Kevin Faulk, a second string running back, was to be my sleeper player two years in a row for fantasy football. he's going to be great i tell ya, one year, he's going to be great.

as for Tom Brady, this will be the first year that i fully respect him. the problem was that he replaced my all time favorite player, Drew Bledsoe. Then, Drew becomes quarter back for the Bills. i blamed all of this on Brady and chalked it up to him having a lucky streak. i've gotten over this. although he will never replace Drew, i respect him--and even if he has a bad year, i will respect him. this feels good to me--it's hard to explain. i'm such a dork.

3 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

This is my first year attempt at Fantasy Football - I said I would do it to help out a friend. I don't yet know what I am doing, but so far it's okay. I have P. Manning. But apparently some of my choices were injured so I had to scramble to replace them. Did I tell you I don't yet know what I'm doing?

12:07 PM  
Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

How anti stereotypical are we here at Shockingly provincial In that The most acive mael knows nothing of football, and our resident female knows the game well. (Joe Cool is a bit of a football geek too but hes hiding)

5:30 PM  
Blogger Shy said...

the first place i would start looking is at individual team depth charts (links to all teams at nfl.com). this way you can keep track of who is starting, who is injured and who's been benched.

there are also several fantasy football magazines and websites that discuss topics such as sleeper players. sleepers are always a gamble but when there isn't anyone decent to pick up and you need a starter, a sleeper might be an ok choice.

the next important step is evaluating how the points are scored. who is most likely to score the most points in relation to the scoring system--is it the running back or the wide receiver? maybe it's the quarterback. focus on those players then worry about your defense and kickers.

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home