remove your bills the christian way
Last time I checked, Jesus washes away our sins, not our bills. No to mention the fact that churches ask for money. Even kids are expected to give offerings (which come from mommy and daddy’s pockets too). So how does Jesus wash away our bills I wonder? Do the interest payments go to the church of you choice? I wouldn’t know because I didn’t actually open the email—just got a snicker out of the subject line.
As promised, I would like to discuss public breast feeding. The first thing I would like to bring to light is why I’m bitching about this anyway. I read an article on Fark about a lawsuit against Starbucks. Normally, I would praise anyone for suing Starbucks. This is not a normal situation. Actually, since it involves the stupidity of people, it’s painfully normal but that’s not what I’m getting at…or is it?
you can read about this crap here
First off, even as a woman, I still have no clue why flopping out a boob and feeding a kid would be a comfortable thing to do in public. Yes, I understand the kid is hungry. No, I don’t get why you can’t get a blanket, go back to your car, go into the ladies room, or at least get a table in the back of the store to feed the baby. Chances are the baby won’t starve to death for having to wait 5 minutes. Yes, it will fuss and cry but waiting is part of growing up. Start early. They will eventually understand.
While public breastfeeding may provide men (and ladies who like that sort of thing) with a free peek at a booby, the booby has a baby attached to it. I would think that would ruin the free peek.
Now, don’t go and get the impression that I’m some sort of whacked out prude. I am not. I just think that it is damn corny that some woman is pushing Starbucks to adopt a nation wide policy for public breastfeeding. How about a nation wide policy for not gouging out my wallet for a freakin coffee and a stale-ass donut?
So why does breastfeeding bother me? It is natural. It is the best source for a baby to obtain antibodies, it’s easier for them to digest, and it’s FREE. So unless mommy is on drugs—prescription or non, breastfeeding is good. What is my problem?
It bothers me to see it in public because I think that it should be a bonding experience, which should remain a personal experience between the child and mother—an experience that should exclude the general public. When I witness it, I feel like I’m intruding by being in the vicinity. A baby feeding from a bottle is a baby feeding from a bottle. A baby breastfeeding is not only receiving nourishment but also strengthening a personal bond I feel that should be done in a private setting, not while on the run or getting a coffee.
So if baby is going to be hungry in 20 minutes, feed baby in the quiet of your automobile, then get a coffee.
on a lighter note, the weekly world news has yet another feature on Elvis this week.
As promised, I would like to discuss public breast feeding. The first thing I would like to bring to light is why I’m bitching about this anyway. I read an article on Fark about a lawsuit against Starbucks. Normally, I would praise anyone for suing Starbucks. This is not a normal situation. Actually, since it involves the stupidity of people, it’s painfully normal but that’s not what I’m getting at…or is it?
you can read about this crap here
First off, even as a woman, I still have no clue why flopping out a boob and feeding a kid would be a comfortable thing to do in public. Yes, I understand the kid is hungry. No, I don’t get why you can’t get a blanket, go back to your car, go into the ladies room, or at least get a table in the back of the store to feed the baby. Chances are the baby won’t starve to death for having to wait 5 minutes. Yes, it will fuss and cry but waiting is part of growing up. Start early. They will eventually understand.
While public breastfeeding may provide men (and ladies who like that sort of thing) with a free peek at a booby, the booby has a baby attached to it. I would think that would ruin the free peek.
Now, don’t go and get the impression that I’m some sort of whacked out prude. I am not. I just think that it is damn corny that some woman is pushing Starbucks to adopt a nation wide policy for public breastfeeding. How about a nation wide policy for not gouging out my wallet for a freakin coffee and a stale-ass donut?
So why does breastfeeding bother me? It is natural. It is the best source for a baby to obtain antibodies, it’s easier for them to digest, and it’s FREE. So unless mommy is on drugs—prescription or non, breastfeeding is good. What is my problem?
It bothers me to see it in public because I think that it should be a bonding experience, which should remain a personal experience between the child and mother—an experience that should exclude the general public. When I witness it, I feel like I’m intruding by being in the vicinity. A baby feeding from a bottle is a baby feeding from a bottle. A baby breastfeeding is not only receiving nourishment but also strengthening a personal bond I feel that should be done in a private setting, not while on the run or getting a coffee.
So if baby is going to be hungry in 20 minutes, feed baby in the quiet of your automobile, then get a coffee.
on a lighter note, the weekly world news has yet another feature on Elvis this week.















1 Comments:
Yo are right my fist thought is, "I like free boob shots!" Not sure if the baby thing would kill it for me. I'm willing to experiment and find out. When is ssingle mother starbucks day ?
Post a Comment
<< Home