Habit
It's entirely to easy for me to get into the habit of not doing things. Around the time of my brother's move (about a month ago) I put off exercising for a few days for this reason or that excuse. Back in the day I could go for months on end without doing anything too strenuous. Now my body starts telling me after so short a period as a month that I need to exercise or their will be pain. The blood pressure and arthritis team up with allergens and just about kick my in the genitalia.
So yesterday at my usual research hour (News reading. Blog reading. Nation States checking) the weather went all nasty and I would have ignored that had not the old man come down to go to the bathroom and give me the shut off order. The old man feels the amount of money we spend on computers justifies a certain level of paranoia about lightning storms. Why take the risk when yas can just shut the machine down for the duration. I understand this fear, but as I am usually the one using the computer whenever a storm blows through I resent it none the less.
So anyway yesterday I didn't blog. Then today family came over and spent the night visiting and keeping me away from the sacred video games. Even as I write this a certain addict part of my personality cries out to just not blog for a day, that it would be okay to skip just this once to get more gaming time in. I, however know this demon in myself and I know that today would turn into a week then a month and that would be the end of this writing adventure.
So later today (after I sleep of course) there will be exercise and I'm hoping that will help to improve the quality of my output. This writing without much forethought smells of laziness and mendacity. I'm also hoping the Shy will come back from vacation soon as I feel the quality of her ponderings outweigh mine on so many levels that this blog is merely passing time while she's away.
In summation : I'm Lazy. Aging hurts in a very real and physical way. Shy is a much better writer than I am and should come back soon.
So yesterday at my usual research hour (News reading. Blog reading. Nation States checking) the weather went all nasty and I would have ignored that had not the old man come down to go to the bathroom and give me the shut off order. The old man feels the amount of money we spend on computers justifies a certain level of paranoia about lightning storms. Why take the risk when yas can just shut the machine down for the duration. I understand this fear, but as I am usually the one using the computer whenever a storm blows through I resent it none the less.
So anyway yesterday I didn't blog. Then today family came over and spent the night visiting and keeping me away from the sacred video games. Even as I write this a certain addict part of my personality cries out to just not blog for a day, that it would be okay to skip just this once to get more gaming time in. I, however know this demon in myself and I know that today would turn into a week then a month and that would be the end of this writing adventure.
So later today (after I sleep of course) there will be exercise and I'm hoping that will help to improve the quality of my output. This writing without much forethought smells of laziness and mendacity. I'm also hoping the Shy will come back from vacation soon as I feel the quality of her ponderings outweigh mine on so many levels that this blog is merely passing time while she's away.
In summation : I'm Lazy. Aging hurts in a very real and physical way. Shy is a much better writer than I am and should come back soon.
More Laters















2 Comments:
My answer to the aging/exercise conundrum is simple: park the car and use my bike instead. It's not like I'm old or anything, but technically we are all getting older, and it behooves us all to invest a little up-front to prevent breakdowns later on.
I don't have time for the gym, but replacing one kind of commuting with another allows me to squeeze in some daily exercise. It also allows me to sound off when drivers tick me off. Such fun!
Thanks for commenting on my blog. I like your style and hope you continue to write. I'll continue to read.
although i will accept praise, i am not the better writer. the fact that you say that worries me.
tomorrow, i intend to write about an article i read the other day on public breast feeding. it's bothersome...and should be common sense but apparently is not because there's a lawsuit over it. tell ya tomorrow. there is pizza to be eaten and bubba ho-tep is calling for another viewing.
Post a Comment
<< Home