Yeah Right
So Amazon has some new stuff out for the people who try to sell stuff on their websites. They want me to be a beta tester. So far, I believe, I have sold, possibly, one book. But I think the person (Shy) didn't purchase it through a link from this site so I didn't get credit. A book was read because I recommended it, furthering my plan for global domination -- Get to that in a bit -- and swelling me ego but it didn't do anything for my pocket book, or even for my reading habit.
Being a beta tester means using their software --the link builders and such -- and then reporting in. I open myself up to possible crashes or erratic behavior that I must detail in reports. The payment is the use of the software. I'm thinking that I'll just avoid this little scenario. Free tools for a feature I rarely use just doesn't do it for me.
So to the master plan. Some vaguely stupid idea of integrity (which I think translates to poverty) and
a strong measure of laziness keeps me from reviewing media on a more regular basis. The stupid integrity thing is an ego driven bit wherein I want my ideas propagated to the masses rather then using my words to sell other peoples products. So now I rationalize with the Master Plan.
I start out small only recommending items once every other week or so. This slowly introduces the masses (ie readers of shockingly provincial) to the idea that I'm some kind of cultural goto guy. They will demand more media reviews from the master (me) and slowly, as they take in all the same media that I have, they become more and more like me. Word spreads. Prophet ... erm I mean Enlightenment is reached.
When this plan fails in it's infancy (because, after all, we are shockingly provincial. This is mutually exclusive with cultural goto guy) I may have to do the online ordination thing and start my own church as per Master Plan for Global Domination: B. ( I have yet to flesh out this Master Plan for Global Domination and will cease to discuss it at this time.)
In Summary I'm not a Beta kind of guy. I'm to lazy to make links to media on Amazon. I probably wont be taking over the world any time soon. (Much to the world's detriment).
More Laters
Being a beta tester means using their software --the link builders and such -- and then reporting in. I open myself up to possible crashes or erratic behavior that I must detail in reports. The payment is the use of the software. I'm thinking that I'll just avoid this little scenario. Free tools for a feature I rarely use just doesn't do it for me.
So to the master plan. Some vaguely stupid idea of integrity (which I think translates to poverty) and
a strong measure of laziness keeps me from reviewing media on a more regular basis. The stupid integrity thing is an ego driven bit wherein I want my ideas propagated to the masses rather then using my words to sell other peoples products. So now I rationalize with the Master Plan.
I start out small only recommending items once every other week or so. This slowly introduces the masses (ie readers of shockingly provincial) to the idea that I'm some kind of cultural goto guy. They will demand more media reviews from the master (me) and slowly, as they take in all the same media that I have, they become more and more like me. Word spreads. Prophet ... erm I mean Enlightenment is reached.
When this plan fails in it's infancy (because, after all, we are shockingly provincial. This is mutually exclusive with cultural goto guy) I may have to do the online ordination thing and start my own church as per Master Plan for Global Domination: B. ( I have yet to flesh out this Master Plan for Global Domination and will cease to discuss it at this time.)
In Summary I'm not a Beta kind of guy. I'm to lazy to make links to media on Amazon. I probably wont be taking over the world any time soon. (Much to the world's detriment).
More Laters















2 Comments:
well i must be a moron. sorry i screwed that one up. who knows what i did while ordering. i know it's no big deal, but i'm sorry i goofed up ordering the book because ....well shit. oh well.
I was just saying I'm not a very good sales person.
Post a Comment
<< Home