Monday, August 16, 2004

online poker

My boyfriend plays online poker. Lucky for me, he just plays “for fun"--and doesn’t blow money. However, it does seem to waste time…or at least to me. With a short attention span and no ability for strategy, I don’t understand the amount of hours that he can put into this game. When playing (how I hate to use this term) in real life, poker is fun. I laugh all the time and can’t bluff worth a damn but this actually helps me because I don’t have any tells—I grin like a fool at every hand and have the same face when I’m bluffing as when I have a flush.

So how is it so much time can be spent on something that has no real benefit? Yes, it is entertaining, but it, like the money he makes with his everquest trader, doesn’t trade over into the (*sigh*) real world.
How is this different from the time I spend reading…well, it’s not. I just. I . err. Nevermind. If you’d like to play, go here: party poker

Once again, i seem to be living up to the title. I would like some man opinions on the subject though--how is it so entertaining/what is so enthralling? What are the benefits? are there any? How can it be fun to play online-you can't watch the players facial reactions; the only tells are their habits in betting. For now, i stand defeated.

3 Comments:

Blogger _ said...

i've just started getting into online poker again...for me it's the best way to learn...now if i could just work on my "poker face" hey, im an actor, you'd think i'd have a good one.....but no...not yet

1:55 AM  
Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

I don't know if I could do online poker. I'm more of a MMORPG type of guy. And mudding when I'm really desperate. hmm and Yahoo mahjong solitaire. and xbox (well no xbox for a while).

Mom can sit and play solitaire for hours on end or play with a fake slot machine. Not for me thank.

2:37 AM  
Blogger thelamars said...

First off, thanks for the feedback on the evil monkey idea. it means more coming from someone with a contempt for monkeys...As for online poker, it's a total waste of time unless he is doing it to learn about poker. I played online blackjack until I felt comfortable enough to play with real money. On an unrelated note, here is a ninja website you might enjoy. My buddies at work thought it was hilarious, but then again we think farting is funny. www.realultimatepower.net

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home