fed up with wal-mart
As a product of rural Illinois, shopping at wal-mart is natural. The grocery in town doesn’t carry everything. The grocery in town can’t carry everything. So, every two weeks or so, a trip to the wal-mart was necessary. It was also not out of the way because the Country Town (like a small farm king) was in the same general area and we needed to buy grain for the horses.
I was irate (though truth be told, not shocked) to hear that the Macomb wal-mart filed a lawsuit against the city of Macomb. Now why on earth would wal-mart file a lawsuit against Macomb? Not only did walmart not pay any property taxes its first year or so here, but it has managed to put Eagle foods out of business and has put stress on many smaller shops in town due to price competition. I was shocked that our K-mart did not go bankrupt when the rest of the K-marts did. So what does wal-mart want now?
Wal-mart wants a liquor license and they want it bad. They want to monopolize everything. Personally, I think walmart is wasting their time on this one. Not only is walmart not in reasonable distance for on campus students and many off campus students (half of the town population) but there are three liquor stores (west pierce, west Jackson and hy-vee regal liquor) and umpteen freaking gas stations that sell liquor (I don’t have enough fingers to count this towns gas stations, and I can’t name one that does not sell beer).
Another point to be made is that wal-mart must not pay much attention to the newspapers—it isn’t easy (though it doesn’t seem that way on the surface) to get a damn liquor license in the first place.
So fuck wal-mart. One day, when I’m not so damn broke, I will completely stop shopping there—not that my pennies matter to them. Wal-mart, you’ve really made yourself look like an ass this time.
and not on a lighter note, wal-mart has shitty donuts.
I was irate (though truth be told, not shocked) to hear that the Macomb wal-mart filed a lawsuit against the city of Macomb. Now why on earth would wal-mart file a lawsuit against Macomb? Not only did walmart not pay any property taxes its first year or so here, but it has managed to put Eagle foods out of business and has put stress on many smaller shops in town due to price competition. I was shocked that our K-mart did not go bankrupt when the rest of the K-marts did. So what does wal-mart want now?
Wal-mart wants a liquor license and they want it bad. They want to monopolize everything. Personally, I think walmart is wasting their time on this one. Not only is walmart not in reasonable distance for on campus students and many off campus students (half of the town population) but there are three liquor stores (west pierce, west Jackson and hy-vee regal liquor) and umpteen freaking gas stations that sell liquor (I don’t have enough fingers to count this towns gas stations, and I can’t name one that does not sell beer).
Another point to be made is that wal-mart must not pay much attention to the newspapers—it isn’t easy (though it doesn’t seem that way on the surface) to get a damn liquor license in the first place.
So fuck wal-mart. One day, when I’m not so damn broke, I will completely stop shopping there—not that my pennies matter to them. Wal-mart, you’ve really made yourself look like an ass this time.
and not on a lighter note, wal-mart has shitty donuts.















1 Comments:
I fear wal - mart they are making in roads into chicago. And they are Making ladders at the gates so to speak. A new stoer is going up where the Drury Lanbe used to be in Evergreen Park. Soon Beverly and morgan park people will start making excuses to go there and that will just about destroy the local shopping experience and the unions.
Post a Comment
<< Home