Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Xbox Emergency

I did a quick scan of the news items on Yahoo, Google and Fark. (Do I really need to link those for yas ? Come on now.) As I found nothing that affects my life directly, as of this very moment, I decided another day could pass without any sort of meaningful social commentary. (I'm just not ready to tackle my disgust with this entire Alan Keyes thing yet.) I move on to an event that had me very worried today; My xbox overheated and for a while it would not work leaving me to believe I had broke the thing completely. Now ,in the man world, the Xbox is of great importance. Don't believe me? Some crazy folks killed over one. Check it out here. Now I don't condone or understand this kind of viscous idiocy, but I have a slight inkling of the rage of not having the crack erm I mean Xbox.

Now it turns out there was some stuff blocking the vents on the system so it is probably all better now. Still it had me a little crazed. Now add to the picture that I was not the person playing with the system when it went down. It was the little brother. Intellectually I knew he wasn't responsible for my system's upset as I was sitting right next to him when it happened. Emotionally I blamed him. I was thinking dark evil thoughts. "He broke my Toy! He must pay." To top it off he just shuts it down and says, "Well I guess we better leave it off for a while I'm going upstairs to play with my playstation." Now the dark evil thoughts go in to high gear. "Oh just screw me then and walk away. Break my toy and go play with yours. On the nice TV upstairs. In the room I don't go in. Aaaargh."

After he left the mother comes up to me and asks me if this means it is story time. So I'm reading books aloud. That which makes me even more crazed. My game is down. I'm reading out loud and the old man wasn't due home to relieve me for 2 hours . We covered six chapters today.

So I tested the system a little while ago and it seems to be working just fine. I'm still leary so I'll just let it sit over night. Maybe leave a window open a touch to let a bit of the cold air into this stuffy TV room. Baby my baby so to speak.

Perhaps I ought to curl up on the floor to keep it safe throughout the night.

More laters

3 Comments:

Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

The mother Has been having some vision problems as of late. I addressed that a bit in some June rants I think. "story Time" is her way of saying I gave you life now entertain me for a while as I can't entertain myself.
I curse the Xbox out loud when using it regularly. Mouth like a trucker and all that. In my writing I try to work without the f bomb.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Shy said...

perhaps a little nurturing would be good for the little fella. sounds like he had a rough day. maybe include him in the next reading with mom.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

It may be broke for real. Strange error message number 11. Fear error number 11 whatever it is.

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home