Michigan Report
Eastern Shore of Lake Michigan
So anyway, that was the view out the back door of the cabin I was staying in last week. Pretty impressive, is it not? I wrestled waves, ate beef , drank beer and made warm spots in the lake. I am now rested and ready to take on whatever unemployed video gaming has to through at me. I may have had a thought or two during my respite, but there was free beer which has the tendency to fill in the empty hours. I spent five minutes of one particularly lazy evening writing down possible blog ideas. I will share a few of them with you now.
Try the claim jumper at Clementine's. There is Alfredo sauce and a flaky pastry. That means heavy cream and butter, my true element. The chicken and crab parts were incidental. They could put anything on an Alfredo covered croissant and I would eat it. They may have had other good food. I didn't try it.
Parents who bring there teenagers to a remote place where they have easy access to quiet places and alcohol should not be surprised if they become grandparents before too long.
I can't drink a half a bottle of vodka and expect to wake up feeling alright. I'm thinking that probably extends to all hard liquors but I'm not willing to rule definitively on that yet.
My parents are the only people in the world without cable. This lake cabin had cable. I watched many hours of Comedy Central and Cartoon Network. I'm a grown up! Really.
I bought a hat that is a stuffed bear head. Again. Mature male here.
Big Boy is loosing it's appeal with me yet I'm still a fan of Denny's.
Some people just cant make a good pot of coffee to save their lives. On that note: Fat Free Half and Half is just plain nasty.
At one point a B-17 flew over the cabin. The old man and all the other men accept me in the cabin leapt outside to catch a glimpse. I was watching cable and found it much more interesting.
The basic cable did not have Tech TV. This is wrong -- very, very wrong. The owners should call their cable provider!
I found the teenage girls on the beach attractive when they were fifty feet away. When they were up close and I could here them talking their shallow little valley girl speak I started looking at the mothers of young children.
When scoping out the mom's always wear sunglasses and always try to note the location of dad. Try to be sure you are not friendly with dad, but that's not absolutely necessary as this is only window shopping so to speak, but the guilt factor remains, especially for any raised as Roman Catholic.
Finally I stayed in shirt and hat the entire time at the beach but I failed to use sun screen so I burned my ears and face a little. Last month I bitched about idiots going out to bake themselves. Now I didn't lay out with the intent of cooking myself. I'm not that kind of stupid. I'm the kind who knows better but is too lazy to be bothered. I'm thinking that is probably worse. I had fun. I'll probably suffer later. That's life.
More Laters















7 Comments:
mmmmm alfredo sauce, flaky pastry..now that sounds good.
anyway, just wanted to let you know that you parents aren't the only ones with out cable. mine don't get cable. nope, just channels 2,,5,11,30, what ever PBS come in on (9 i think) and the homeshopping network comes in but it's fuzzy.
while at the evil walmart, shopping for food stuffs, i thought about what you said about women. Women are at a disadvantage--we have no reason to look at teenage boys--up close or at a distance and single fathers, well, there doesn't seem to be many of those--especially ones without a psyco ex girlfriend. so when it comes to looking at candy on the beach, men have the advantage.
then again, i guess there are enough men to look at in the >21<40 age group-- not that i'm looking. i'll shut up now.
I want Cartoon Network. I want Adult Swim! I want something other than reruns and reality programming.
sometimes, if you use your imagination or drugs or alcohol, you can make the airbubble in a clear shampoo bottle (with translucent shampoo) look like a hotair balloon....if there's enough shampoo...at least 3/4ths a bottle...just turn it upside down and watch the air bubble float up like a hot air balloon. then, turn it over and watch it float up again. now that's entertainment.....you're right. cable should be deemed mandatory.
I've done that thing with the bubbles in the shampoo. Then you try and steer it into other bubbles in an attempt to make the pac man supper bubble.
*screams with delight* that's just like learning about the secret level in super mario brothers for the 8-bit...the level you go through in reverse of the original!
I remember bouncing the turtle on the stairs to get all the 1 ups and the super scores. get em in the rythm and just sit back and watch.
Post a Comment
<< Home