Wednesday, July 28, 2004

A Test of Physics


Who thought this was a good idea? Posted by Hello

I got stuck going out to lunch the other day and rather then spend the trip back and forth focusing on how the limited leg room really hurts my knees I decided to bring the camera along a see what photos I could get as we drove down I - 57.    I took a number of this water tower, but this is the only one where the smile is very clear.   I know water towers need to be painted periodically to protect em from the sunshine.   I just wonder what where these people thinking when they approved the plan to do the big yellow smiley.  It's not like it was very original.  These things are all over the country.  Personally I like it but I'm a fan of tacky things.  Give me a trailer with a bunch of pink flamingos on the lawn and a maybe a rusting transmission and I'm a happy guy. 

You figure most people have a little better taste than me.  It has probably become a target of animosity.  The commuter driving down the highway headed toward the hated job in the city and sees this happy yellow smile up there every day.  I bet it breaks a few of em.  How many of em went to work to tell off their bosses.  How many started crying for no apparent reason.  Why does the suburbanite go mad?  Because the monster yellow smiley is their watching him.

So to rectify this situation I say we do a little physics test I always wondered about and film a scene for an action movie at the same time.  So a black car pulls off the highway at the overpass right by the smiley.  The car needs to be something that screams tough and mystery.  It is quite possibly black.  Muhahaha Black car of Death!  The car drives up onto the overpass puts on the blinkers and pulls to the side mid - bridge.  Dude pops out with a rocket propelled grenade.  He either comes up through the sun roof or just steps out of the car.  Black suit and sunglasses a must!  Pinstripes would be ok too.  Dude aims his rocket at Mr. Smiley and fires.  I get to find out what happens with all that water in there when the rocket hits! 

Does the energy travel through the water and blow a hole in the other side?  Does the rocket explode on the surface causing water to pour out a large hole ?  Does the rocket penetrate the surface and blow in the middle forcing all the water outward at once in a monstrous explosion?  I don't know.  I want to know and think of all the good it would do to find out. 

The commuters would be happy.  We would have a neat movie sequence.  We get to find out if water towers need better security.  The people who voted to put a smiley on their water tower would be without water so they would be forced to move and thus disperse and diffuse their strange ways in the greater population.  This really ought to happen soon.

More Laters

1 Comments:

Blogger Shy said...

But above the grey land and the spasms of bleak dust which drift endlessly over it, you perceive, after a moment, the eyes of Doctor T.J.Ecklegburg. The Eyes of T.J Eckleburg are blue and gigantic—their retinas are one yard high. They look out of no face, but instead, from a pari of enormous yellow spectacles which pass over a nonexistent nose. Evidently, some wild wag of an oculist set them there to fatten his practice in the boroughs of Queens and then sank down himself into eternal blindness or forgot them and moved away. But his eyes, dimmed a little by many paintless days under sun and rain, brood over the solemn dumping ground.
--Chapter II, The Great Gatsby

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home