Technically Proficient
So I'm reading this story over at Geektastic and I think no this can't be right. Geektastic refers to Paige Wiser over at the Chicago Sun Times as their feminism editor. I'm wondering if this is the woman I'm thinking of, the one who is always going on about reality television and clothes and almost everything that would make someone at NOW scream bloody murder. I'm pretty sure this has to be sarcasm but just to be safe I figure why not cruise over to the Sun Times and check it out after all its not like I have any plans for the day.
So I click around the Sun Times site and I find this. There is no "About Paige Wiser" page to be found I'm still slightly worried. After reading the list of articles, however, I think it just can not be possible, at least I hope it isn't. This woman proves that you can be educated and still be a moron. She is a technically proficient word smith. She puts words together in complete sentences that make sense when read (which is usually more than can be said about me) but when you finish reading a paragraph you realize there is no content. You have just absorbed a bit of fluff and like a cat there is horrible chance you might regurgitate it on the carpeting and befoul someone else's day. Her column is the type of thing that people go to and say, "I was reading in the paper that ..." and think they are being ever so witty. She has an article where she lists all the reasons why she thinks prison time might do Martha Stewart some good. What, is Martha going to find Jesus ? Kick a habit ? Work on her shop skills? In another article she blithely discusses her computer ignorance. A woman who makes her living writing on a computer everyday with little idea about how to set them up and not bothered by this situation. She implies that it is a "boy" job as she has a btother to do that sort of thing.
Well lets just pray she isn't really the feminism editor it makes me think our nation is taking ten steps backwards.
More Laters
So I click around the Sun Times site and I find this. There is no "About Paige Wiser" page to be found I'm still slightly worried. After reading the list of articles, however, I think it just can not be possible, at least I hope it isn't. This woman proves that you can be educated and still be a moron. She is a technically proficient word smith. She puts words together in complete sentences that make sense when read (which is usually more than can be said about me) but when you finish reading a paragraph you realize there is no content. You have just absorbed a bit of fluff and like a cat there is horrible chance you might regurgitate it on the carpeting and befoul someone else's day. Her column is the type of thing that people go to and say, "I was reading in the paper that ..." and think they are being ever so witty. She has an article where she lists all the reasons why she thinks prison time might do Martha Stewart some good. What, is Martha going to find Jesus ? Kick a habit ? Work on her shop skills? In another article she blithely discusses her computer ignorance. A woman who makes her living writing on a computer everyday with little idea about how to set them up and not bothered by this situation. She implies that it is a "boy" job as she has a btother to do that sort of thing.
Well lets just pray she isn't really the feminism editor it makes me think our nation is taking ten steps backwards.
More Laters















2 Comments:
That was definitly sarcasm.
-Aimee
http://www.geektastic.com
I gotta learn to spell check a second time after i read through and add text. "btother" well like i said she at least makes coherent sentences. I do not.
I will rest easier knowing it was sarcasm. Wiser scares me, I'm afraid that her readership will only grow.
Post a Comment
<< Home