Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Fish

So there is this idiot announcer guy that kind of thinks he is either at the Bozo Circus, a scout camp or some other place where we talk in a childish sort of way to a large audience and he's giving out stickers to little kids but first they must answer a multiple choice question until they get it right.

So the little girl gets one on dolphins. Man asks: Fish or mammal. Child says fish. Audience laughs. Man restates question in a way to emphasize the mammal answer. Child says fish. More laughter. For rest of the day I would look at my cousin and say fish. It is funny in cute kiddie sort of way.

Fish.

So this was at the Shedd today. My Cousin from Vegas and his girlfriend were in town today and wanted to go downtown and do the tourist thing. The thing is it costs 23 bucks to see fish. Now I don't begrudge them the cost. The dolphin trainers alone probably eat up a bit of that in wages. (And think about this for a minute you go to school for years studying marine biology and stuff and where do you end up? Not in Florida or Hawaii or something like that but at the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago. That's pretty messed up.) So anyways it's not that I think it should cost less. It keeps the bums out as they aren't about to put up 23 bucks to hang out in the aquarium all day. I'm just not into fish. My cousin didn't care where we went and as I live in the City I felt it best to let the guests pick so the girlfriend wanted to see the fishes! I mean there are mummies right next door. Cool dead things from Egypt and there is a whole new Forbidden City exhibit. I went and saw fishies. Thats what I get for not sellling the dead things.

Fish.

And then on the way out some guy hits me up for money. Yeah right like I have cash or like I'm going to pull my wallet out in front of some street person. He says, "You need change?" I say, "I need you to go away." And this kind of upsets my cousin's girlfriend because she doesn't understand much about the area. There are at least four Missions right down there in the area who are willing to help get people on their feet. People don't need to panhandle to get by. These guys are here to shake you down or rip you off.

Anyways in summary: Shedd is pretty cool, just not my thing. Give money to shelters and charities, never ever to some guy on the street. Dolphins are mammals.

More Laters

Fish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home