Cat Food
So I'm downstairs feeding the cats their canned dinner because we are the kind of saps who feed their cats canned cat food and I read the label of the meat paste. It is something like super beefy meaty dinner or some weird thing like that. Beefy. Now when exactly did cats develop a taste for beef. I mean I know the big cats could be into that sort of thing. I can see some panther or tiger taking down a wild beef but not your basic domestic house cat. Maybe if yas got a group of em angry enough I have no doubt their evil inner catness might allow some improbable feat whereby they slay the mighty beef but I just don't see your average cat being all that much into the cattle slaying. So why are we feeding this stuff to cats. I mean if its beef I'm sure there some kind of human food that we can make out of it like hot dogs or something. Not that I'm jumping on any feed the world thing I'm just thinking it seems pretty wasteful and can't be good for the cats.
So the real question: Where are the rodent farms? We know cats eat rodents. We make cartoons about it. It's a bit of lore passed down from television to child. Why aren't we fattening up mice or gerbals or something and making special meals for the kitties out of that fine stuff. Squirrel would be good or pigeon. Creatures we will never miss and hey if the cat gets out of the house it might just clean up the neighborhood. Food that gives a cat a sense of hunting pride. Cat could say, "This is just like mom used to drag home."
And then there is the entire Road Warrior thing. Who hasn't looked at a can of Alpo or any other can of pet food and thought, " Could I eat that if I had to." Now the gravy they pack it in throws me off. It has some gellatin in it i think. Pretty gross muck if you ask me. But I'm pretty sure I could do it. Stuff smells like a regular canned meat product to me. Has anyone done a nutritional study on pet food? How many cans for a human meal? How many calories a serving and would I need some additional vitamins and minerals?
So maybe now is the time to study pet food nutrition. Could rodent farms be profitable? Do house cats dream of taking down wild beefs ?
More Laters
So the real question: Where are the rodent farms? We know cats eat rodents. We make cartoons about it. It's a bit of lore passed down from television to child. Why aren't we fattening up mice or gerbals or something and making special meals for the kitties out of that fine stuff. Squirrel would be good or pigeon. Creatures we will never miss and hey if the cat gets out of the house it might just clean up the neighborhood. Food that gives a cat a sense of hunting pride. Cat could say, "This is just like mom used to drag home."
And then there is the entire Road Warrior thing. Who hasn't looked at a can of Alpo or any other can of pet food and thought, " Could I eat that if I had to." Now the gravy they pack it in throws me off. It has some gellatin in it i think. Pretty gross muck if you ask me. But I'm pretty sure I could do it. Stuff smells like a regular canned meat product to me. Has anyone done a nutritional study on pet food? How many cans for a human meal? How many calories a serving and would I need some additional vitamins and minerals?
So maybe now is the time to study pet food nutrition. Could rodent farms be profitable? Do house cats dream of taking down wild beefs ?
More Laters















2 Comments:
Beefy! Thanks... the image of Kitty taking out a bull will get me thru the night.
I'm waiting for canned mouse. Or rather the cat is.
& where do they get the idea that they want vegetables in the mix, I mean, come on. Carrots? Have you ever seen a cat or dog just begging for carrots?
A dog will beg fro almost anything if they think it is coming from human plate? Heck dip that carrot and butter and I might beg for it. Mmmmm butter.
More Laters
Post a Comment
<< Home