Five Cats
I hate moving. My stuff other peoples stuff I don't care its a lot of heavy lifting and getting dirty. Today we move a small portion of my brother and his wife's stuff into the parental abode. We are now at maximum capacity. Well I suppose we could give up the TV / Computer room to yet another person or couple but I think we have already maxed out our bathroom capacity. I'm betting we have to work out some sort of schedule for bathroom usage.
It's not just people. We now have two more cats, one of which was mine but has been adopted by my brothers wife. So there are now four cats in this house that, at one time or another, have been mine and only one that is not now and never will be my cat. That's my brother's cat Mr. Clark. Mr. Clark and My brother's wife didn't get along at first and my brother explained Mr. Clark was there first so someone would have to make some adjustments. The cat is still with my brother but now in this house. We are officially the cat people. It's like those old women with the hundreds of cats. We are on our way. Yet I think five is too many. The guys who were here before are angry, especially the big fat guy Jake. He's is hiding in a corner meowing away at me. The new guys are running from hiding spot to hiding spot trying to figure out what the heck happened. Mr Clark says, "Hey man I don't remember us living in this place what's going on?" Maceo replies, " I dunno man why don't you sniff that guys butt."
There is a precedent of sorts I guess. Apparently my fathers grandfather on his mother's side, My great grandfather Aylward, was a keeper of many cats. He loved cats and had not just one or two but tens of them. His wife hated the cats. My father relates the story of how she drowned the kittens , "Because its the only merciful thing to do." Family legend has it that adult cats did not long survive my great grandfather, at least not at in that house.
All we have now are boy cats, so now worries there. Though we did have all there little man organs taken away. It's always very traumatic not only for the cat's but for me as well. I mean, No more love juices! Poor poor beasties! Poor, poor me imagining having no testicles! Ouch!
So they are all down their sniffing away backs arched trying to figure out who will be the big boss and who has to eat the dry cat food. I'm betting on the old guy.
More Laters
It's not just people. We now have two more cats, one of which was mine but has been adopted by my brothers wife. So there are now four cats in this house that, at one time or another, have been mine and only one that is not now and never will be my cat. That's my brother's cat Mr. Clark. Mr. Clark and My brother's wife didn't get along at first and my brother explained Mr. Clark was there first so someone would have to make some adjustments. The cat is still with my brother but now in this house. We are officially the cat people. It's like those old women with the hundreds of cats. We are on our way. Yet I think five is too many. The guys who were here before are angry, especially the big fat guy Jake. He's is hiding in a corner meowing away at me. The new guys are running from hiding spot to hiding spot trying to figure out what the heck happened. Mr Clark says, "Hey man I don't remember us living in this place what's going on?" Maceo replies, " I dunno man why don't you sniff that guys butt."
There is a precedent of sorts I guess. Apparently my fathers grandfather on his mother's side, My great grandfather Aylward, was a keeper of many cats. He loved cats and had not just one or two but tens of them. His wife hated the cats. My father relates the story of how she drowned the kittens , "Because its the only merciful thing to do." Family legend has it that adult cats did not long survive my great grandfather, at least not at in that house.
All we have now are boy cats, so now worries there. Though we did have all there little man organs taken away. It's always very traumatic not only for the cat's but for me as well. I mean, No more love juices! Poor poor beasties! Poor, poor me imagining having no testicles! Ouch!
So they are all down their sniffing away backs arched trying to figure out who will be the big boss and who has to eat the dry cat food. I'm betting on the old guy.
More Laters















3 Comments:
oooh. say hello to Ryan for me....in the most annoying way possible.
I will not arrouse the beast. I'm not glutton for punishment. And yeah we both read the tom clancy books.
dammit.
Post a Comment
<< Home