More Beverly Living
God smote this light post
Earlier I talked about living here in Beverly. Mostly I ranted negatively because I a negative kind of guy. So anyway one of the things I actually like about this area is all the trees. You don't have to worry too much about sunscreen as there is a canopy of shade provided by the trees. I'm secure enough in my masculinity to say it looks pretty in the fall too. All the colors and stuff.
The trees, as evidenced above, are trying to kill us. The huge thunder storm that blew through this afternoon just about finished off this tree. If I could figure out how to put more than one picture in a post I'd show yas another view of the damage. I like this particular shot because it shows how the wind hit the tree and the tree hit the light post.
But really it is not the tree trying to kill us it is the critters living in the tree eating it from the inside out. These critters don't want us in Beverly, but they know that in an out right confrontation they would loose. We would let loose the Kraken (aka the pesticide people and exterminators) and that would be the end of them, so they lay traps like this one here, fixing it so that when the right storm comes along, it destroys anything that happens to be underneath it. One of our neighbors usually parks his minivan right there. He got lucky. The critters must not like him. I wonder if he will see this as the sign I do.
The critters don't like the old man either as the squirrels decided it's time to eat through our roof. We patched one hole and they just move on down and make another. It's not like we are really out in the country where I could lay in wait with a 22 rifle. No, people here would get paranoid about that kind of behavior. So we have to try and discourage the beasties with pepper spray and if that doesn't work poison em dead. Or maybe we can just stop feeding the birds as the bird food draws Mr. Squirrel. The Mom Boss, however, has said this is not an option, so Death to the Squirrels!
It's a war here in Beverly and I'm not sure who is winning.
More Laters















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home