Friday, July 23, 2004

More More More

So it is no longer just me here at Shockingly Provincial.  If you will look to the neat little side bar thing you will notice it lists Shy, Joe Coolius and of course Rich Rosenthal II.  My good friends have graciously accepted my invitation to join the blogging team and they may or may not post as they feel like it.  I'm betting that I'll be the most prolific, at least for the time being.  The unemployed thing gives me a little edge in the time to think of things to rant about department. 

My fellow bloggers lived with me in a house in Macomb, IL for a year or so and seeing that they not only speak to me but consider me their friend, speaks well of their characters.  I'm hard to live with.  Ask Joe Coolius about the bathtub hair.  Ask em both about how I used to come in completely and utterly snot nosed.  I would stumble in from the bar drunk and loud.

A quick Joe Coolius Story.  I remember late one night I was sitting in my room playing with my computer with my bedroom door slightly open so I can see the front door of the house, when the front door slams open.  The door was an all wood door in a wood frame so it slams loud.  But after that nothing but this huge dark shape looming in the shadows.  A few minutes pass and nothing happens and while I'm pretty sure it is Joe Coolius I just sit there real quiet like and watch.  So after a few more minutes pass the shape starts to shuffle in and I hear em say, "Do you like Cheetos?  I like Cheetos."  I new then that it was indeed Joe Coolius the alter ego of my roommate who only comes out when the Long Island Iced teas have been flowing freely. 

Shyonce told me that the reddish watermark in the sink is not rust but the mark of the Alien Asian Mice.  They sneak in and put that mark there no matter how hard you clean and how much bleach you use.  She is determined to catch them in the act.  She may be saving up for cameras.

The opinions of Joe Coolius and Shy will often differ from my own but like me they are odd products of Illinois and will serve the Shockingly Provincial name well.

More Laters


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahem...don't forget about the Freezer-hair, Rich :D . I almost dropped a perfectly good popcicle once, so startled was I...

3:39 PM  
Blogger Shy said...

the Alien Asian Mice use rust to tag homes and other areas as landing spots. it's true. it must be. why? just think about it--
A) There are a lot of Rodents in the US
B) There are a lot of Asians in the Us
C) There are a lot of Alien sitings in the US
D) There is a lot of Rust in the US.
E) Both Aliens and Asians can be characterized by their eyes.
F) Mice are small and can enter most structures effortlessly.
G) Mice are common and don't call too much attention unless spotted by someone who is afraid of them. Even if this happens, mice are small and fast (so are Asians) and will most likely escape.
H) Since mice can "invade" an area without much effort, it would be simple for them to place a tag on an area.
I) Since rust is a common form, it can easily go undetected as a tag.
J) Those who are not enlightened do not panic when the rust (the tag) reappears after it is removed.

consider your self enlightened to the ways of the A.A.M . they are inescapable but it makes their job harder when we own multiple cats and insist on removing rust from all surfaces. these are our only defenses.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Shy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Shy said...

i keep deleting my posts. blast that stupid laundry detergent cap.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

I'll have to put up a picture of my glorious mullet one of these days. Freezer hair ick.

And I think there may be an alien landing strip in the tub. They are coming for me.

12:57 AM  
Blogger Shy said...

oh dear god. i remember the freezer hair. that was pretty funky.....the freezie pops were tainted...

9:58 PM  
Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

I don't remember the freezer hair. Was it disposed of while I was sleeping. Was this a regular occurance. I bet it happened when I drunkenly raided gregs frozen dinners.

Another reason I shoudln't drink. I see other peoples food as fair game.

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home