Friday, July 30, 2004

The DNC

The Democratic National Convention:  Did I watch it?  Not at all.  Why? First the regular networks barely covered it.  Somehow reruns of bad sitcoms and reality programming are much more important.  I heard Senator Dick Durbin talking on WLS radio and caught a few other bits and pieces from our local am radio coverage, but that was all that was easily accessible.  ABC News covered the convention online.  I suppose I could have watched streaming video.  I don't think that technology is really ready yet.  When broadband is more universal  I think we will see the rise of the Internet News and Entertainment Networks, but that day has not yet come.  Then there is the $14.95 monthly charge.  Um that's gaming cash.  I'm not paying for news.  I've got google and yahoo.

Secondly I'm not really interested.  This is preaching to the converted.   They make short important sounding speeches that do not adequately explain positions or plans. Bush has done a bad job we don't like him rah rah rah.   We will do a great job say no to war rah rah rah.  The Republican convention will be more of the same.  What an incredible waste of tax dollars. 

Third I was playing with my xbox.  Xbox always wins in the unemployed single male universe.

Finally I still feel that Illinois was left out of the primary process.  When all the candidates drop out before it's your turn to vote, then there is no much point in holding an election.   I didn't like Kerry in the primaries.  I don't much care for him now, I just know that I don't want to see President Bush reelected, so Kerry is what we've got.  If Nader starts campaigning on a one day only primary election revamp platform I'll jump on his bandwagon.

More Laters


2 Comments:

Blogger Shy said...

i watched the end--the fireworks part anyway (cause i love shiny things and i love fire).
kerry sucks.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Shy said...

Apparently John Kerry is going to lose because his balloons were not released at the proper falling rate:

'Go balloons, go balloons! Go balloons! I don't see anything happening. Go balloons! Go balloons! Go balloons! Standby confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring it- balloons, balloons, balloons! We want balloons, tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet.

'No confetti. All right, go balloons, go balloons. We need more balloons. All balloons! All balloons! Keep going! Come on, guys, lets move it. Jesus! We need more balloons. I want all balloons to go, goddammit. Go confetti. Go confetti. More confetti. I want more balloons. What's happening to the balloons? We need more balloons.

'We need all of them coming down. Go balloons- balloons? What's happening balloons? There's not enough coming down! All balloons, what the hell! There's nothing falling! What the fuck are you guys doing up there? We want more balloons coming down, more balloons. More balloons. More balloons'...

***To hear the audio, go to this link and scoll down to the bottom of the page. http://www.drudgereport.com/dnc86.htm

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home