More Heavy Stuff
So anyway I went on this vacation under the impression that all the moving of things from the brother's apartment to the parent's residence would take place while I was safely a couple states away. Alas this was not to be. When I woke everyone up with my arrival yesterday the brother informed me that I was to keep my schedule open for the rest of that day and the next as I would be needed. This Expectation of course irks me. I may not have anything planned but I still value my time.
So today was up and down the stairs of second floor apartment all morning long, carrying really heavy stuff. This went on and on with little help from the brother's wife, which was to be expected, yet it was bothersome just the same. It is like when yas are stuck out in the open and yas see the storm blowing in. Yas know you're going to get wet and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it, but when the water finally hits it is still a bit of a surprise and just as devastating as it would be without that foreknowledge. No amount of philosophical positive outlook stuff will alleviate the annoyance.
And there are things still at the apartment! The brother's wife says just leave it, but me and the brother both know that the right thing to do is carry the big heavy crap furniture out to the alley where someone can walk off with it before five minutes pass. Yas can't stay on good terms with a man and leave his property full of your cast offs.
Another surprise was finding a boxed up, brand new computer in the parent's front room. I'm think yes, great! Then I learn that the old man just picked it up at Sam's club on the cheap for the Mother's Sister and that I would be required to spend the evening today helping him carry it in to her and grandma's place and helping to set it up. Not only must I do this but then I must further endure a dinner and conversation. Heavy lifting followed by mental torture. Just not right.
So I'm bone tired and I still know that I have to motivate the brother to go back to the apartment tomorrow to carry the heavy stuff out. Tonight my glass is not half full.
If you are moving anytime soon don't hesitate to forget my number.
More Laters
So today was up and down the stairs of second floor apartment all morning long, carrying really heavy stuff. This went on and on with little help from the brother's wife, which was to be expected, yet it was bothersome just the same. It is like when yas are stuck out in the open and yas see the storm blowing in. Yas know you're going to get wet and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it, but when the water finally hits it is still a bit of a surprise and just as devastating as it would be without that foreknowledge. No amount of philosophical positive outlook stuff will alleviate the annoyance.
And there are things still at the apartment! The brother's wife says just leave it, but me and the brother both know that the right thing to do is carry the big heavy crap furniture out to the alley where someone can walk off with it before five minutes pass. Yas can't stay on good terms with a man and leave his property full of your cast offs.
Another surprise was finding a boxed up, brand new computer in the parent's front room. I'm think yes, great! Then I learn that the old man just picked it up at Sam's club on the cheap for the Mother's Sister and that I would be required to spend the evening today helping him carry it in to her and grandma's place and helping to set it up. Not only must I do this but then I must further endure a dinner and conversation. Heavy lifting followed by mental torture. Just not right.
So I'm bone tired and I still know that I have to motivate the brother to go back to the apartment tomorrow to carry the heavy stuff out. Tonight my glass is not half full.
If you are moving anytime soon don't hesitate to forget my number.
More Laters















2 Comments:
Bushmills! yay! ok dream time over. Must stay away from hard liquor. Just aint worth the pain and humiliation anymore. And when yas can knock it back Like I can Humiliation is almost guaranteed with every binge.
i detest the fact that a certain someone not only didn't seem to lift a thing but also suggested to just "leave the rest behind"--i don't want it, i shouldn't have to deal with it--that sort of attitude really friggin irks me. If she isn't pregnant or maimed, she should be lifting what she can. Times have changed and if she's your brothers wife, i'm pretty certain she wasn't born in or before the 1940's.
Post a Comment
<< Home