Not Old Enough To Be Nostalgic
So anyways Joe Cool popped up on my Yahoo messenger the other night and I badgered em with those annoying new cartoon things that say funny cartoon things. (A Cyclops saying, "Hello. I know you are there. I can see you.") So Cool tells me he had to go over to a buddies place and and fix said buddies computer. The buddy said, "It's running kind of slow." Cool told me, "It was a disease ridden whore." Dude had all kinds of malware spyware and adware on it. It was a miricle the thing booted up at all. I pointed out that I had a recent similar circumstance as documented here. At the mention of the blog Cool reminded me that he had to sign a nda for his job so no mention of his work. This wasn't a problem in that I don't use his real name and hey I'm to busy talking about me and the weird things I obsess about to get into Joe Cool's job. Then there is the chasing of cats trying to get a picture or the riding in the backseat of the minivan trying to snap off a shot out the window. (Not an easy task.)
So then I note that really this is a now based sort of blog. Not only am I too young to be nostalgic for my past, there were also an incredibly large number of outrageously stupid things I did in the past that I'd rather not admit to in so public a forum let alone to myself in the wee hours of the night. Heck not even all of the things I did involved alcohol. Like the year I went to the University of Illinois at Chicago and spent an entire semester hanging out in the union rather than going to classes. Got to say that wasn't my brightest move ever. And that was before Jack Daniels, which was before Bacardi Gold, which was before Captain Morgan, which was before Irish whiskey. (The boozes I burned myself out on through the course of my twenties). The past is to hard to talk about. (And some of it is hard to remember.)
Then there is the dork factor. Joe Cool and I are great guys but put the two of us together in a room and I can almost guarantee a video game discussion will occur. This will be followed by a lengthy debate on currently popular SF and F films and books. Computer hardware and software can and will be looked at. I'm an anime fan (not fanatic I watch it but don't follow it) and Cool is building the ultimate home stereo. We aren't geek chic. No fabulous outfits and no personal organizers. We are more of the ghetto fabulous version. I thought at one time we should start a site like geek ghetto or maybe Parents basement gamers. Something that screams autobot t - shirts and mad max movie poster decor.
So the past is right out and our discussions are probably only interesting to a certain subset of nerds. This subset being not nearly the large audience I would wish for these musings. No that is not right. My ego demands a more universal appeal. Why chat with five when you can rant to the masses. Global domination is only possible with a larger demographic base. Perhaps I'm giving away too much of the "Master Plan."
More Laters
So then I note that really this is a now based sort of blog. Not only am I too young to be nostalgic for my past, there were also an incredibly large number of outrageously stupid things I did in the past that I'd rather not admit to in so public a forum let alone to myself in the wee hours of the night. Heck not even all of the things I did involved alcohol. Like the year I went to the University of Illinois at Chicago and spent an entire semester hanging out in the union rather than going to classes. Got to say that wasn't my brightest move ever. And that was before Jack Daniels, which was before Bacardi Gold, which was before Captain Morgan, which was before Irish whiskey. (The boozes I burned myself out on through the course of my twenties). The past is to hard to talk about. (And some of it is hard to remember.)
Then there is the dork factor. Joe Cool and I are great guys but put the two of us together in a room and I can almost guarantee a video game discussion will occur. This will be followed by a lengthy debate on currently popular SF and F films and books. Computer hardware and software can and will be looked at. I'm an anime fan (not fanatic I watch it but don't follow it) and Cool is building the ultimate home stereo. We aren't geek chic. No fabulous outfits and no personal organizers. We are more of the ghetto fabulous version. I thought at one time we should start a site like geek ghetto or maybe Parents basement gamers. Something that screams autobot t - shirts and mad max movie poster decor.
So the past is right out and our discussions are probably only interesting to a certain subset of nerds. This subset being not nearly the large audience I would wish for these musings. No that is not right. My ego demands a more universal appeal. Why chat with five when you can rant to the masses. Global domination is only possible with a larger demographic base. Perhaps I'm giving away too much of the "Master Plan."
More Laters















3 Comments:
Fear the NDA
i was informed by my sister that chic was pronounced sheek (or something like that) and not chic as in a baby chicken. i refuse to change how i say it.
geek is sexy.
video game talk is fun to listen to especially when sound effects are involved.
so what are your thoughts on doom 3?--i know joe cool is into that on some level.
I'm not that big on the first person shooters because I'm not very good at em. Preteens hand my ass to me and call me bad names. Then I cry.
Post a Comment
<< Home