Monday, August 15, 2005

Collector Can # 3

I collect a lot of stuff. From rocks to pressed flowers to random screws, nails, nuts and bolts that I keep in a rusted coffee can, if you need it, I might just have it. However, I draw the line at collecting shaving cream cans. Now why on earth would I bring up collecting shaving cream cans? Because of the one in my bathroom.


While shaving (yes, I use a shaving cream that calls itself the beard buster. Yes, I am a girl. Yes, I realize just how bad that sounds. Fact, it costs $0.75. The cheapest one for women is $2.00. Discard this information.) I noticed the one in my bathroom is Collector Can #3. Collectors can #3. hmmmmm. That must mean that #1 and 2 are out there somewhere. Someone collects these things..or do they? Maybe, just maybe, I should concentrate more on shaving my knees.

But no. I must read the can. By reading the can, I learn that they are doing some sort of promotional led by some five-time gold medalist named Gary Hall Jr. Who is Gary Hall Jr? What Olympic activity did he participate in? Why isn't he wearing a shirt? The can does not say. I do know that 10% of the profits go to kids with diabetes. Maybe they should charge more for the can of shaving cream? Should I feel bad for my thriftyness? nah.

Sadly, it turns out, neither e-bay or Google support shaving cream can collectors. I thought, for a moment, that if I saved all three of the known-to-me cans, i might one day profit from my packratting. then, i noticed the rust on the bottom of the can. AAM have been here. Discontinue use.

8 Comments:

Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

But you have cats! how did the AAM get in!

Happy Dance! The Shy is back! wonder if I can make Joe cool stir.

I'll leave this at the top and post tomorow or in the morning. Gotta see if I can get Katzwikel to design the site for me in such a way that we can have a Rich side and a Shy side or something so that our lates stays at the top.

11:18 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

ahahahahhahah!! oh god..I almost wet myself laughing; I read this whole post thinking rich had written it!

11:26 PM  
Blogger Shy said...

sheesh. no need to leave this up at the top. post away. more goodness for me to read.

11:28 PM  
Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

Ok I'm just using the exuse to take an extra day to decide what to write about. My walk wasn't thoughtfuly productive as I had to use the bathroom halfway through and thats all I could think about.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I thought Rich was calling himself a girl, too. Great to see you back, Shy!

7:52 PM  
Blogger denotsKO said...

It is a fact(fact meaning that it's something I say and can be neither proven or disproven) that in America, you can print the words 'Collectors Edition' on any thing and boost sales 32%. One might be passing through the store and see a 'Collectors Edition'box of TurboLax Stool Softener and think, "Well, I have a knee high stack of nudie magazines. I guess I am a collector." and buy said product. In 60 or so years the collectors grandchildren will find it and see its obvious cultural value and sell it on E-bay. Being the only box to ever sell, it will make them millions.

Collect things, make future generations smile.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

My stack of nudie magazines only goes calf high. I'm more of an internet smut guy.

1:01 AM  
Blogger Shy said...

you know, women get ripped off in that department. playgirl doesn't have a true centerfold, just a two-page pick. oh, and we don't get a jokes page.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home