Its Time To Play ...
Yes once again Roe Conn is showing up as a result to searches bringing people to this website. Both Yahoo and Google (though the google link is just a site search)bring people here because I spent one of my early posts complaining about the state of his radio show.
If the mother had better vision she would probably be watching television in the afternoons as it is she watches / listens to Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune (she finds something appealing about the challenge of the word games and then add in the fact that every show somebody goes home with a lot of cash) so that is one hour in the after noon. The Roe Conn Show can occasionally fill a few hours before and between these shows and help the day go by.
It could fill the hours, except we usually turn the show off after an hour or so because the funny is gone. It seems every week has become a rush to Friday and excuse to drink from the canarble wagon. A typical Roe Conn show:
Read the Sun times stories to people. Whine about whatever inane think has struck his fancy while perusing the paper that morning. Complain about organized labor. Make fun of the Mayor. Ask the traffic night life female reporter some slightly sexual questions. Make fun of Lisa Madigan if she is in the news. Hypochondriac worrying. Praise for the President. Commercials for terrible products. More commercials. ABC news break. More commercials. Make fun of a caller. Take calls from people who think Roe Conn is a saint. Talk about stupid television shows. Mention buzz worthy television personalities. Some where in there talk to Ron Magers from ABC news for a few minutes. Lead into terrible syndicated neo conservative talk show.
They had brought in a sports guy for a while. It was a mistake. I felt a strange disturbance in the force and it was a sports figure hacking and slashing his way through pop culture commentary as it relates to sports stories. But I'm the type of guy who thinks the less sports news the better.
Maybe I should send the people over at WLS a link to this site as my Resume. I couldn't do any worse and the hour or so I may spend on some of my more thought out posts is definitely more than Roe puts into his shows these days. I like the hours too: 2 - 6 weekday afternoons. Don't have to get up early and don't have to stay at work very long. I'm all for that.
More Laters
If the mother had better vision she would probably be watching television in the afternoons as it is she watches / listens to Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune (she finds something appealing about the challenge of the word games and then add in the fact that every show somebody goes home with a lot of cash) so that is one hour in the after noon. The Roe Conn Show can occasionally fill a few hours before and between these shows and help the day go by.
It could fill the hours, except we usually turn the show off after an hour or so because the funny is gone. It seems every week has become a rush to Friday and excuse to drink from the canarble wagon. A typical Roe Conn show:
Read the Sun times stories to people. Whine about whatever inane think has struck his fancy while perusing the paper that morning. Complain about organized labor. Make fun of the Mayor. Ask the traffic night life female reporter some slightly sexual questions. Make fun of Lisa Madigan if she is in the news. Hypochondriac worrying. Praise for the President. Commercials for terrible products. More commercials. ABC news break. More commercials. Make fun of a caller. Take calls from people who think Roe Conn is a saint. Talk about stupid television shows. Mention buzz worthy television personalities. Some where in there talk to Ron Magers from ABC news for a few minutes. Lead into terrible syndicated neo conservative talk show.
They had brought in a sports guy for a while. It was a mistake. I felt a strange disturbance in the force and it was a sports figure hacking and slashing his way through pop culture commentary as it relates to sports stories. But I'm the type of guy who thinks the less sports news the better.
Maybe I should send the people over at WLS a link to this site as my Resume. I couldn't do any worse and the hour or so I may spend on some of my more thought out posts is definitely more than Roe puts into his shows these days. I like the hours too: 2 - 6 weekday afternoons. Don't have to get up early and don't have to stay at work very long. I'm all for that.
More Laters















2 Comments:
Yeah. Fuck you.
Ah an anonymous adult response. Oh how it tears me apart inside. Really though I do try to stear clear of profanity. Also I'm not quite sure what you feel so strongly about.
Post a Comment
<< Home