Storm Caller
So my brother and I finally got around to installing the storm windows. With this hundred year old problem, erm I mean house, one must remove the storm windows to install screens if one wants to breathe the fresh spring air. These screens however are not very efficient at holding in the heat so the old man has been on us to get the storm windows installed before he ends up with a god awful heating bill. As it has been relatively pleasant temperature wise recently we have delayed the storm window action. Now though,, we are well over a week into the thirty degree nights and we could procrastinate no longer.
During the day we install windows and at night it snows. Everything outside has about a quarter inch of the white stuff on it. Did we call down the snow with our super human powers? Do we have incredibly good Karmic Balance and know exactly when the windows will be needed? Are we just lazy and the timing worked out? It would have really sucked to try and climb ladders and change windows in the snow. I'd make a mental note to schedule the window event earlier in the year, but I don't remember mental notes. Real notes would get lost. I don't use calendars. Just the sight of days filled up on a calendar can fill me with irrational fear. I start thinking all my time has been earmarked. Bad things can happen.
So anyway we have snow. I had to shovel. The only type of people who dream of a White Christmas are Hollywood people who think snow is romantic. I dream of a brisk forty degree Christmas where if I have to leave the house I'm not chilled to the bone off lake winds bringing us the cold down from Canada. And you know they didn't mean the white of salt bleaching everything and destroying all plant life while managing to corrode the works of man at the same time.
In summary: I have mystical storm raising powers. If you have no white space on your calander you need to start erasing things. The cold comes from Canada. They can keep it.
During the day we install windows and at night it snows. Everything outside has about a quarter inch of the white stuff on it. Did we call down the snow with our super human powers? Do we have incredibly good Karmic Balance and know exactly when the windows will be needed? Are we just lazy and the timing worked out? It would have really sucked to try and climb ladders and change windows in the snow. I'd make a mental note to schedule the window event earlier in the year, but I don't remember mental notes. Real notes would get lost. I don't use calendars. Just the sight of days filled up on a calendar can fill me with irrational fear. I start thinking all my time has been earmarked. Bad things can happen.
So anyway we have snow. I had to shovel. The only type of people who dream of a White Christmas are Hollywood people who think snow is romantic. I dream of a brisk forty degree Christmas where if I have to leave the house I'm not chilled to the bone off lake winds bringing us the cold down from Canada. And you know they didn't mean the white of salt bleaching everything and destroying all plant life while managing to corrode the works of man at the same time.
In summary: I have mystical storm raising powers. If you have no white space on your calander you need to start erasing things. The cold comes from Canada. They can keep it.















4 Comments:
So THAT's why it's snowing outside.
Since you brought it here, can you take it away too?
My powers dont work like that. Maybe the Ahy can do it.
bring on the snow!!!
I have always wondered what it would be like to live with snow. It seems like there is so much to pre-prepare and it's all second nature... I think I might freeze to death.
Post a Comment
<< Home