Motel Bedding
I'm going downstate to visit family later today so I'll give a quick thought on motel bedding before I mozey on off to bed.
I've heard no end to the crying about how nasty it is to sleep in a motel bed. People whine about how the linens aren't clean enough and every couple years during sweeps season the TV crews do "random checks" on motels and hotels with the UV lights to see what kind of biological stains show up. Everyone gags and worries that someone might have had sex in the bed they are sleeping in and of course there is the constant complaint that the bed at home is more comfortable.
I spent three years sleeping on a sleeping bag rolled out on the floor. I'll take any bed I can get any day. Sure it was my own fault. I probably could have found a bed dirt cheap any time and either Joe Cool or Shy would have driven me out to pick it up, but I needed to save my money for the essentials: nicotine, caffeine, sugar, alcohol and grease. (And the occasional video game but that wasn't a life essential just a crazy Rich occupying his mind essential). A bed may have been an option but anyone who knows the way I work it was never a practical reality.
Any time I had a bed during that three year period, I was a very happy man. So what if somebody might have had sex there, Maybe it's a lucky bed. Maybe the luck will rub off. If the crabs rub off I can sue the motel. Plus they have cable in the motel. We don't get that here.
So fresh sheets cable and maybe a book for a few minutes before sleep and The motel people make me very happy. If they had maid service like in the adult movies that would be cool too.
More Laters
I've heard no end to the crying about how nasty it is to sleep in a motel bed. People whine about how the linens aren't clean enough and every couple years during sweeps season the TV crews do "random checks" on motels and hotels with the UV lights to see what kind of biological stains show up. Everyone gags and worries that someone might have had sex in the bed they are sleeping in and of course there is the constant complaint that the bed at home is more comfortable.
I spent three years sleeping on a sleeping bag rolled out on the floor. I'll take any bed I can get any day. Sure it was my own fault. I probably could have found a bed dirt cheap any time and either Joe Cool or Shy would have driven me out to pick it up, but I needed to save my money for the essentials: nicotine, caffeine, sugar, alcohol and grease. (And the occasional video game but that wasn't a life essential just a crazy Rich occupying his mind essential). A bed may have been an option but anyone who knows the way I work it was never a practical reality.
Any time I had a bed during that three year period, I was a very happy man. So what if somebody might have had sex there, Maybe it's a lucky bed. Maybe the luck will rub off. If the crabs rub off I can sue the motel. Plus they have cable in the motel. We don't get that here.
So fresh sheets cable and maybe a book for a few minutes before sleep and The motel people make me very happy. If they had maid service like in the adult movies that would be cool too.
More Laters















4 Comments:
You had me going there until one of those enlarged pictures of mites flashed through my mind...and now I want to go and pluck my eyebrows and pull out my eyelashes because I know they live there, too. Neurotic, yes...and I don't want to talk about it!
You can buy those little cocoon sacks (silk!) that are designed for germophobe travelers so you don't have to touch the stuff that others have tainted. I personally don't worry about it. Or that statistic about how many spiders humans eat while sleeping during their lifetimes. And I know how much you like spiders. Yum.
Happy New Year! Hope you have a fantastic year ahead.
I blocked out the mental Image of the spider thing. Swift Denial skills in action.
Post a Comment
<< Home