Thursday, December 23, 2004

Breathing Room

People may have noticed a lack in quantity (but I hope not in quality) of rantings lately. One might attribute this to the holiday season coupled with a birthday in the same month. Sounds good, but I'm unemployed and really could give a flying (explicative deleted) about the holiday season. Merry Christmas. I didn't get you anything. I have no money.

One might assume I have run out of things to say. My ego, however, knows no bounds. I feel fully capable of spewing forth oddness on any subject, no matter how little I actually understand it. As your future Lord Tyrant and Benevolent Dictator for Life, all I really need to know is how to crush any who would dare oppose my iron fisted rule. Sure I may stagnate society with my oppressive ways but hey I can only last maybe another fifty or sixty years and then society can try and topple whatever person tries to fill the vacuum left after my demise. Poor fool will never have a chance.

Actually I was testing to see if each individual post would be more likely to be read an commented on if I left them up for a couple days. There is something a little frustrating about a rant with no comments. I had thought that perhaps people who had jobs and less time than I, might only check a blog a couple times a week and perhaps only read the latest couple posts. What I found was that while the initial posts after the slow down garnered more input there was a drop off shortly there after. This also may be due to the fact that I've been slack in reading and commenting on other peoples blogs these last couple weeks. It may also be the holiday.

I was hoping to spend a little more time screwing around with video crack and continue the every other day schedule into the first couple months of the new year so I will solicit the opinion of the readership to find out if perhaps I can stick to this schedule while returning to my regular schedule of reading and commenting on other peoples blogs or if perhaps there is a certain expectation of daily posting. The site tracker is seeing little movement. Is it that I've been lazy or is it just that time of year?

More Laters

4 Comments:

Blogger south of north said...

it's the time of year. i think most people read when they're bored at work, and since they're all on vacation, well... i also suspect, like you do, the comments you get are directly proportional to the comments you leave elsewhere (i think i learned that in calculus).

oh, also, i've learned guerilla photography works too. it spurs the photographed & blinded to leave angry comments. brilliant.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Yes, it's definitely the season. ho ho (cough) ho.

I have been lax about reading and commenting too, and I'm going to take the rest of the year off from publishing (at least that's the plan for now).

Have a great holiday, Rich.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Merry Christmas, Rich.
No lack of quality noticed.

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I've had the same posting questions for awhile now too. I have decided that there is no formula for getting people's goat enough for them to comment. I think there are factors, like the holidays and so forth that make it more or less busy, but mostly I never know if what I write will spark comments. Usually, it's the ones I dash off thinking no one will notice that receive 12 comments, and the ones I like the most which get the fewest.
Anyway, I got you a comment posted for Christmas. The best things in life are free.
cheers,
Kim C.

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home