October Fading
The month is drawing to a close and I have yet to do another installment of Seasonal Media. The Master Plan (to take over the world) requires that I share this media as a cheap form of mind control. People who have read and seen what I have read and seen will have thought some of the same thoughts as me and are closer to accepting the truth that one day I mut be installed as Benevolent Tyrant and Dictator for Life.
First a little bit of seasonal fun. The guys over at Homestar Runner have put together another puppet show. The little girl is entirely too cute.
The Monster Squad Was the movie where we learned Wolfman has nards and that children are generally scared of scary German guys.
Almost anything by Stephen King
would work this season though I think that perhaps the one with gypsies and a curse would set the mood best. That book would be Thinner.
I was racking my brain to think of a female author perfect for the season. I know that Barbara Hambly has some horror and fantasy that might be appropriate and then I remembered Interview with the Vampire and Anne Rice. I suppose you could watch the movie also. I wasn't all that impressed with it. Good reading though.
Another good idea may be to take in a few episodes of The Twilight Zone. Rod Sterling was something else.
Finally, because Halloween is so evocative of childhood, I think that one must read or listen to an author who can bring you back to that time and make those moments real and alive for you. In Quite Early One Morning, Dylan Thomas has a number of pieces that specifically recall his childhood in Wales, but are powerful enough to evoke the childhood in everyone. The stories are short and full of imagery and you can hear his loud voice without ever having listened to a recording. Of course if you have a couple bucks to burn then do yourself a favor and hear him recite the word by picking up a copy of Dylan Thomas CD : The Caedmon Collection. He was truly gifted and we are fortunate to live in an age where those recordings were not only preserved but made available to the public.
Read, Watch and Enjoy as you will.
More Laters
First a little bit of seasonal fun. The guys over at Homestar Runner have put together another puppet show. The little girl is entirely too cute.
The Monster Squad Was the movie where we learned Wolfman has nards and that children are generally scared of scary German guys.
Almost anything by Stephen King
would work this season though I think that perhaps the one with gypsies and a curse would set the mood best. That book would be Thinner.
I was racking my brain to think of a female author perfect for the season. I know that Barbara Hambly has some horror and fantasy that might be appropriate and then I remembered Interview with the Vampire and Anne Rice. I suppose you could watch the movie also. I wasn't all that impressed with it. Good reading though.
Another good idea may be to take in a few episodes of The Twilight Zone. Rod Sterling was something else.
Finally, because Halloween is so evocative of childhood, I think that one must read or listen to an author who can bring you back to that time and make those moments real and alive for you. In Quite Early One Morning, Dylan Thomas has a number of pieces that specifically recall his childhood in Wales, but are powerful enough to evoke the childhood in everyone. The stories are short and full of imagery and you can hear his loud voice without ever having listened to a recording. Of course if you have a couple bucks to burn then do yourself a favor and hear him recite the word by picking up a copy of Dylan Thomas CD : The Caedmon Collection. He was truly gifted and we are fortunate to live in an age where those recordings were not only preserved but made available to the public.
Read, Watch and Enjoy as you will.
More Laters















2 Comments:
the homestar runner puppet and the little girl was really cute!
I think some of the other puppet stuff they have features the girl. Between her and the homestar voice I'm a laughing machine.
Post a Comment
<< Home