Temptation
So I would tune in on the fat people show every once in a while. The Biggest Looser. Bad name. Unreal concept. Normal people don't have the time or resources to dedicate that much energy to loosing weight. The people would be angry at themselves if they failed to loose ten pounds in a week. Ten pounds is staggering. Normal people are lucky to keep up a steady rate of one to two pounds a week. Still you like to see people completely turn their lives around. This opportunity is probably more incredible than winning a lottery. New bodies and small amount of celebrity = mini Jareds (King of Subway).
So looking at the show I would think about how these people would go nuts about all the food they couldn't have and would almost cry looking at the fridge of goodies they must deny. It seemed ridiculous to me. Food is fuel. It takes up time. If I never have a steak again life will go on. It is the dedication to a daily exercise routine that is hard and mind numbing.
So then we buy some semi - sweet chocolate chips to make cookies. But we don't make cookies. The chips just sit in the cabinet unopened. They call to me with sugary goodness. Tiny little dark chocolate pieces of love just a few rooms away. But if I open the bag everyone will know I've been in to them. No hiding the fact. It's not like I'm sneaking a handful that no one will miss. So I wait. It is a huge bag. They can not possibly mean to use them all in cookies. Soon the sugary goodness will be mine.
More Laters
So looking at the show I would think about how these people would go nuts about all the food they couldn't have and would almost cry looking at the fridge of goodies they must deny. It seemed ridiculous to me. Food is fuel. It takes up time. If I never have a steak again life will go on. It is the dedication to a daily exercise routine that is hard and mind numbing.
So then we buy some semi - sweet chocolate chips to make cookies. But we don't make cookies. The chips just sit in the cabinet unopened. They call to me with sugary goodness. Tiny little dark chocolate pieces of love just a few rooms away. But if I open the bag everyone will know I've been in to them. No hiding the fact. It's not like I'm sneaking a handful that no one will miss. So I wait. It is a huge bag. They can not possibly mean to use them all in cookies. Soon the sugary goodness will be mine.
More Laters















3 Comments:
Resist!
Wouldn't they be so much better in a cookie? Then again, it's chocolate..who needs a cookie.....
mmmm chocolate chips.
Hahaha the bag was opened the next morning for pancakes!
Basic difference between men and women. Women (not all or most even but stereotypically) will get together to share the decadent peanut butter and chocolate chip moment. Men would never admit to doing such a thing, but if they did do it it would behind a closed door or late at night when no one is looking (same time we drink out of the carton).
Drinking out of the carton is bad?
Since when?
Post a Comment
<< Home