Growing
Look to the right side of this web page. Notice the contributors section. See G. Think back a few days. No G. Ponder the meaning of G.
Yes, I've recruited another product of Illinois to write under the Shockingly Provincial banner. I still remain Lord Tyrant of the Shockingly Provincial Editorial Board. (Which basically means I could delete any post I wanted, even though I would never actually do that, its more of an egotistical relishing in the power sort of thing). I'd give the new guy a title like Peon or Drone, but I've found those sorts of titles aren't very motivational. Maybe Vice Tyrant. Thats sounds important. Put em in hcarge of the working man's viewpoint, something I tend to loose perspective of. (or whatever the heck he wants to be incharge of its not like we are making money or anything).
This would be the point where I would write something about our new contributor, yet I run into problems here. He wishes to remain as anonymous as possible. Under the circumstances I feel that his writing will have to speak for him. Expect random contributions to follow in much the same pattern as the Shy's contributions. (He may or may not write whenever the mood strikes em. My rants will remain the bulk of our missives).
So why the change? Well I want this site to continue to produce at two to three rants a week. (if not more). At the same time I have a box of unfinished short stories, essays and poems that needs editing and rewriting. I'm fairly sure that within the next year I'll either be finishing up a bachelors degree or looking for work / working and the opportunity to get any writing for publication done will evaporate. Between Shy, G and myself this should cut down the amount of energy / time I spend thinking about what to write here and allow me to work creatively elsewhere. (Joe Cool may come back some day, but I doubt it so I leave the top number at three products of Illinois as there will be three of us who write with any sort of frequency). One post by either Shy or G in a given week frees up a third of my week.
Now all I have to do is actually sit down with the box of stories, poems and essays and not just use the extra time to play more video games.
More Laters
Yes, I've recruited another product of Illinois to write under the Shockingly Provincial banner. I still remain Lord Tyrant of the Shockingly Provincial Editorial Board. (Which basically means I could delete any post I wanted, even though I would never actually do that, its more of an egotistical relishing in the power sort of thing). I'd give the new guy a title like Peon or Drone, but I've found those sorts of titles aren't very motivational. Maybe Vice Tyrant. Thats sounds important. Put em in hcarge of the working man's viewpoint, something I tend to loose perspective of. (or whatever the heck he wants to be incharge of its not like we are making money or anything).
This would be the point where I would write something about our new contributor, yet I run into problems here. He wishes to remain as anonymous as possible. Under the circumstances I feel that his writing will have to speak for him. Expect random contributions to follow in much the same pattern as the Shy's contributions. (He may or may not write whenever the mood strikes em. My rants will remain the bulk of our missives).
So why the change? Well I want this site to continue to produce at two to three rants a week. (if not more). At the same time I have a box of unfinished short stories, essays and poems that needs editing and rewriting. I'm fairly sure that within the next year I'll either be finishing up a bachelors degree or looking for work / working and the opportunity to get any writing for publication done will evaporate. Between Shy, G and myself this should cut down the amount of energy / time I spend thinking about what to write here and allow me to work creatively elsewhere. (Joe Cool may come back some day, but I doubt it so I leave the top number at three products of Illinois as there will be three of us who write with any sort of frequency). One post by either Shy or G in a given week frees up a third of my week.
Now all I have to do is actually sit down with the box of stories, poems and essays and not just use the extra time to play more video games.
More Laters















3 Comments:
I will take that as a hint. G, whoever you are, welcome.
pinkgoldfish, why yes, i have gorged myself on food. I feel the need to run a few miles a day for the next month--I won't actually do it, but i do feel the need to do it. In time, it will pass.
I get it. "G" stands for "growing," the title of this post. There is no "G", is there? It's just a psuedonym for you, giving you license to curse like a sailor and write about decidedly scatological issues.
I'm on to you, Rich.
Ok my regular personality is that of a would be Dictator. Would the evil Rich be like Mr. Ikea man lover of bed bath and beyond, and all things martha stewart.
Normal Rich swears all the time. He also belches farts and scratches. I refrain froms wearing in my writing only to avoid alienating an audience with words. I'd rather use subject matter.
As to writing style. I think the shy and I are more along the same wave length in chosen voice than G and I.
Post a Comment
<< Home