Crazy Red Head # 3
The title is misleading.
First of all it leads one to believe that I am one of those superstitious types who think all red haired woman are either crazy or witches (or both). This is not the case. Most anyone who has spent any amount of time with me in the past is a trifle bit odd, weird, and unencumbered by normal social mores. The red heads stand out in my memory just because of the hair (I'm drawn to it), not because of any particular brand of crazy associated with em. The number three is also misleading. It makes one think it is a ranking. This is not the case. She is Crazy Red Head # 3 because she is chronologically the third in my memory. In reality she may be four, five or six. I've killed a few brain cells back in the day and some memories don't come to me unless someone else who was there jars em back into the fore.
Anyway I'm talking about CRH # 3. I used to spend quite a bit of time hanging out with CRH # 3 when I was living in the college town. We were the type of friends who spent time together almost every day (when you are living in a college town it is easy. Not like the real world where people have jobs and obligations). We did this for a long period of time and then we stopped and I haven't spoke with her for about five years. One might say the halt of this friendship had quite a bit to do with the way I used to drink and some poor communication skills. There were other reasons. After five years a person starts thinking: no matter what those reasons were they aren't worth holding on to.
So with this age of unlimited long distance phone packages The Shy and I have been talking on the phone as opposed to just emails and comments on blogs. The Shy has been in contact with CRH # 3 all this time. On the phone I think out loud, "I'm tired of being angry about stupid (explicative deleted). I'm tired of not having any of my (explicative deleted) friends around. Why don't you give the Crazy Red Head the blog address."
So now I'm back in contact with a friend I haven't spoken with in five years and you can't just leap over that kind of gap in two seconds. I'm on the phone with her and she asks, "How are you?" The natural inclination is to answer "fine" of course. Then qualified, "exercised and showered and as of this moment feeling pretty good, but I cant speak for tomorrow or life in general."
She meant "How was I at the moment" in the same way everyone else does when they politely ask the question, but she expected a long shifty answer. She had spent a lot of time with me back in the day. We were good friends.
So it is a start towards real human interaction as opposed to day in and out in the urban hermitage with the family as cell mates and internet communiques. I'm older and wiser and I'm not in a tavern every night so I'd say that is a good place to work from.
Shy, on the other hand, may be in the dog house. All this time she knew where I was. The CRH # 3 thought I was perhaps lost in the corn of Southern Illinois. (Though this was at my request, but I'm willing to let The Shy take the fall for this).
More Laters
First of all it leads one to believe that I am one of those superstitious types who think all red haired woman are either crazy or witches (or both). This is not the case. Most anyone who has spent any amount of time with me in the past is a trifle bit odd, weird, and unencumbered by normal social mores. The red heads stand out in my memory just because of the hair (I'm drawn to it), not because of any particular brand of crazy associated with em. The number three is also misleading. It makes one think it is a ranking. This is not the case. She is Crazy Red Head # 3 because she is chronologically the third in my memory. In reality she may be four, five or six. I've killed a few brain cells back in the day and some memories don't come to me unless someone else who was there jars em back into the fore.
Anyway I'm talking about CRH # 3. I used to spend quite a bit of time hanging out with CRH # 3 when I was living in the college town. We were the type of friends who spent time together almost every day (when you are living in a college town it is easy. Not like the real world where people have jobs and obligations). We did this for a long period of time and then we stopped and I haven't spoke with her for about five years. One might say the halt of this friendship had quite a bit to do with the way I used to drink and some poor communication skills. There were other reasons. After five years a person starts thinking: no matter what those reasons were they aren't worth holding on to.
So with this age of unlimited long distance phone packages The Shy and I have been talking on the phone as opposed to just emails and comments on blogs. The Shy has been in contact with CRH # 3 all this time. On the phone I think out loud, "I'm tired of being angry about stupid (explicative deleted). I'm tired of not having any of my (explicative deleted) friends around. Why don't you give the Crazy Red Head the blog address."
So now I'm back in contact with a friend I haven't spoken with in five years and you can't just leap over that kind of gap in two seconds. I'm on the phone with her and she asks, "How are you?" The natural inclination is to answer "fine" of course. Then qualified, "exercised and showered and as of this moment feeling pretty good, but I cant speak for tomorrow or life in general."
She meant "How was I at the moment" in the same way everyone else does when they politely ask the question, but she expected a long shifty answer. She had spent a lot of time with me back in the day. We were good friends.
So it is a start towards real human interaction as opposed to day in and out in the urban hermitage with the family as cell mates and internet communiques. I'm older and wiser and I'm not in a tavern every night so I'd say that is a good place to work from.
Shy, on the other hand, may be in the dog house. All this time she knew where I was. The CRH # 3 thought I was perhaps lost in the corn of Southern Illinois. (Though this was at my request, but I'm willing to let The Shy take the fall for this).
More Laters















1 Comments:
if it were the other way around, i wouldn't have told you where crh#3 was. since neither of you were dying, i respected the request.
i would expect the same from the both of you if i asked not to have my where abouts divulged.
some of my most humbling moments took place while banished to the dog house. it's healthy.
Post a Comment
<< Home