Query : Body Odor
So here's the question: Why doesn't armpit body odor smell like belly button body odor? They both have the same basic ingredients perspiration, grime and heat. They should smell the same, but I swear that they do not.
I cannot actually describe the difference. Maybe one of those perfume experts could pick out the different scents. My brain files em all under the heading of generally unpleasant.
They are alike in this respect: No amount of washing makes em go away. The armpit thing I kind of understand. The hair absorbs all that stinky stuff and just a simple scrubbing will not get the job done. A heavy shampoo is required, but even strongest variety isn't up to the task. The shampoo companies are like, "If we make it any stronger captain, the hairs are going to disintegrate!"
I'm not really bothered by the armpit thing. I've got that basic mammal instinct about wanting my area to have a familiar scent (preferably my own), though not the marking with urine thing (urine just smells bad, no matter how familiar it may be. And it's really gross). Though I do understand that during the summer time I can get really ripe, and other people find this offensive. So I wonder: Would trimming the armpit hair alleviate the stench buildup? Would my brother refuse to cut my hair with the trimmers after reading that I even considered using them to trim my armpit hair? Would this be the last notch in my testosterone card forcing me to resign my membership in the man club?
The belly button thing is confusing. There just isn't that much hair in that monster. It is not like the veritable bushes that grow under my arms or in the pubic region. It shouldn't absorb nearly as much sweat. Sure it eats lint, but I wash it out. Is it possible that I'm missing some proto lint, some lint from ages past that sits in the deepest darkest cavern of the belly button and does nothing but produce stench? I can't see going after it. It would take a doctor. Heck just trying to wash the thing out one gets the feeling that a little too much force and it is all going to come unraveled, spewing fat and intestines all over the place. No way am I disembowelling myself over a little belly button lint. It can stay there.
In conclusion: Both armpits and Belly buttons smell bad. It may be possible to eliminate much of the cause of the armpit stink, though as a man I would never again be able to lift my arms in public or wear a tank top. People with inny belly buttons risk complete belly explosion if they try to fish out the proto lint. I don't know if outies small bad (they have little crevices too it stands to reason that they should).
More Laters
I cannot actually describe the difference. Maybe one of those perfume experts could pick out the different scents. My brain files em all under the heading of generally unpleasant.
They are alike in this respect: No amount of washing makes em go away. The armpit thing I kind of understand. The hair absorbs all that stinky stuff and just a simple scrubbing will not get the job done. A heavy shampoo is required, but even strongest variety isn't up to the task. The shampoo companies are like, "If we make it any stronger captain, the hairs are going to disintegrate!"
I'm not really bothered by the armpit thing. I've got that basic mammal instinct about wanting my area to have a familiar scent (preferably my own), though not the marking with urine thing (urine just smells bad, no matter how familiar it may be. And it's really gross). Though I do understand that during the summer time I can get really ripe, and other people find this offensive. So I wonder: Would trimming the armpit hair alleviate the stench buildup? Would my brother refuse to cut my hair with the trimmers after reading that I even considered using them to trim my armpit hair? Would this be the last notch in my testosterone card forcing me to resign my membership in the man club?
The belly button thing is confusing. There just isn't that much hair in that monster. It is not like the veritable bushes that grow under my arms or in the pubic region. It shouldn't absorb nearly as much sweat. Sure it eats lint, but I wash it out. Is it possible that I'm missing some proto lint, some lint from ages past that sits in the deepest darkest cavern of the belly button and does nothing but produce stench? I can't see going after it. It would take a doctor. Heck just trying to wash the thing out one gets the feeling that a little too much force and it is all going to come unraveled, spewing fat and intestines all over the place. No way am I disembowelling myself over a little belly button lint. It can stay there.
In conclusion: Both armpits and Belly buttons smell bad. It may be possible to eliminate much of the cause of the armpit stink, though as a man I would never again be able to lift my arms in public or wear a tank top. People with inny belly buttons risk complete belly explosion if they try to fish out the proto lint. I don't know if outies small bad (they have little crevices too it stands to reason that they should).
More Laters















7 Comments:
OMG I never thought about that thing opening up and now I'll have nightmares for the rest of my life! I don't wanna explode! I never get any lint in mine :(
bellybuttons kinda creep me out actually. I wonder what the other side of it looks like...
ahahha..how funny. well if I had read that first comment before I posted I prolly wouldn't have used my preteen acronym :p
SP -- The shy and I particularly like OMGWTFBBQ (the shy started it).
Funky cheese! Thats it! and other stuff. You could work as a perfume nose (like the silence of the lambs sequal wohse ame I cannot remember where clarice goes and has the dudes all figuring out where the envelope perfume was produced all in a despreate attempt to catch hannible lecter. Not sure if thats in the book or just a movvie part but I liked it).
The hyrdogen peroxide thing seems dagerous might damage the skin fro extended use (though i used to clean out m ear wax with it cause of the nifty fizzy action).
The shy and I appreciate any and all flattery (especially me). Joe cool not so much basically because he doesnt participate anymore (or more than the first couple times really). I will now spend the day doing the happy dance (like a snoopy dance or a muppet dance) because y'all said nice things.
Carrie --
The Belly button is one of my irrational fears like scurvy, the black plague and driving. Three is just something unnatural about that little knot of skin. scary.
And if you had read the comment I'm betting there would have been more acronyms. heh
ok, gross but good question. When you stick a q-tip in your belly button to wash it, do you get a weird/unpleasant sensation near your cervix....i know i'm not insane.....try pressing a little harder if you don't feel it. ....common...anybody else?
Awesome! I am not alone. I'm so glad you were brave enough to answer. Jim looked at me like i was insane...he won't even try it.
So, you're willing to put peroxide in your ears, but not your belly button? I assume the same holds true for your house keys.
I know a guy who doesn't even have a belly button, due to childhood surgeries. It's weirder than you can even imagine.
The hydrogen peroxide in the ear probably was a bad thing [tm].
Post a Comment
<< Home