soul selling and job hunting. i need my bum kicked.
I have just sold my soul to Sallie Mae. Until I find a job, I can no longer make the $300 monthly payment. Savings have dried up. Now my soul has been sold. For the next year, I will make much lower payments that will only come back to haunt me in the end. I need to retract the above statement, Sallie Mae has owned my soul since September of 1997, but it remained in my possession. Now it’s gone. I do not feel 21 grams lighter.
But it’s just money (the words of madman who should be b-e-l-i-e-v-e-d when he claims not to be from this planet).
As for the job hunt, I attended a plant tour of UPS at 4:30 this morning. They are hiring for the night shift. It’s only part time, but after 40 days, I would have the health insurance that I covet with unabashed yearning. The yard care service I applied for said they would be accepting applications for another month. Another month? WTF? No time for this. I am not taking well to this domestic housewife act. I cook, iron during Dr. Phil, clean, bake cookies for the boyfriend. Oh, and the kicker, i have a Swiffer and i like to use it. (You can cut cost by taking a paper towel, wiping the tv screen with it to collect static, and use that as the cloth instead of the ones they sell) Swiff it good! I make me sick. Sick I tell you.
I am thinking about applying for a teachers aide position at one of the grade schools that is hiring just because it at least somewhat related to secondary ed. More than UPS anyway. I should stop thinking and waltz my bum in there and apply tomorrow.
Part of me is startled at my lack of enthusiasm for job hunting. I am here—somewhere completely new to me--somewhere with diagonal streets, some having two names, completely confusing the already partially lost me-- and opportunities, while not abounding, are out there. Why am I not taking them more seriously. Someone please, come and kick my bum into gear. Who doesn’t wish to kick something now and then? Let that something be my bum. I need to be applying for more work than I am. Any suggestions on temp agencies?
But it’s just money (the words of madman who should be b-e-l-i-e-v-e-d when he claims not to be from this planet).
As for the job hunt, I attended a plant tour of UPS at 4:30 this morning. They are hiring for the night shift. It’s only part time, but after 40 days, I would have the health insurance that I covet with unabashed yearning. The yard care service I applied for said they would be accepting applications for another month. Another month? WTF? No time for this. I am not taking well to this domestic housewife act. I cook, iron during Dr. Phil, clean, bake cookies for the boyfriend. Oh, and the kicker, i have a Swiffer and i like to use it. (You can cut cost by taking a paper towel, wiping the tv screen with it to collect static, and use that as the cloth instead of the ones they sell) Swiff it good! I make me sick. Sick I tell you.
I am thinking about applying for a teachers aide position at one of the grade schools that is hiring just because it at least somewhat related to secondary ed. More than UPS anyway. I should stop thinking and waltz my bum in there and apply tomorrow.
Part of me is startled at my lack of enthusiasm for job hunting. I am here—somewhere completely new to me--somewhere with diagonal streets, some having two names, completely confusing the already partially lost me-- and opportunities, while not abounding, are out there. Why am I not taking them more seriously. Someone please, come and kick my bum into gear. Who doesn’t wish to kick something now and then? Let that something be my bum. I need to be applying for more work than I am. Any suggestions on temp agencies?















5 Comments:
sallie may covered my bar tab. I'm in hock over booze. waaargh
I saw in start your own business magazine that you can put together Indian bead necklaces and they'll pay you. I guess with all the Indian casinos popping up, someone has to keep the bead business going. Anyhow, good luck on the job search!
i can string beads. but if it involves glue, i can't do it. glue, beads, and shy do not mix.
just dropping by--I was in a similar place up until January of this year. Have you considered temp agencies? I'm guessing you don't live in a big city--maybe that is not an option.
I understand that looking for a job is a full-time job and sometimes you just don't feel like working.
Remember to give yourself breaks--like have a day when you don't hunt jobs or patch your resume.
I talked to my people and they said the cps (chicago public school) does a lot of there hiring at the very last minute because the have a hard time judging the number of teachers they will need untill then. Though that be a bit more travel than you want to look at.
Post a Comment
<< Home