Noticeable Absence
So the Inauguration is over. Notice who I didn't comment. I didn't watch. I turned off the news flipped past every bit in the paper about the event or the security for it. I have not been caught up in any part of it. I must say I'm suffering from no I'll effects from this lack of hoopla input. Yes I may be slightly less informed about the state of the country than my fellow man but I'll catch back up to speed once the focus shifts back to events outside this pageantry.
If you have no new child to play with or mind dulling video games to destroy the thought process I'd recommend watching recorded video rather than television for the next week or so just to avoid the post wrap up. If you insist on watching network TV I can almost guarantee teaser bits about reaction to the Innauguration and its cost or what the country is doing as opposed to what the president said in speeches. If you listen to talk radio it will of course be another week of the Bush is King happy love rally. (The local radio finally dropped the last dissenting voice Jay Marvin is no longer a part of the WLS team here). Don't know what to watch? I recommend Shaun of the Dead Most Americans will find this funny not because it has weird zombies who are laughable, but because it is British. We could watch the most serious British documentary on the most terrible of events and still get a chuckle or two just because the way they use the language sounds funny to our ears. It helps that the movie is actually pretty funny too.
Working on my Zen like emptiness
If you have no new child to play with or mind dulling video games to destroy the thought process I'd recommend watching recorded video rather than television for the next week or so just to avoid the post wrap up. If you insist on watching network TV I can almost guarantee teaser bits about reaction to the Innauguration and its cost or what the country is doing as opposed to what the president said in speeches. If you listen to talk radio it will of course be another week of the Bush is King happy love rally. (The local radio finally dropped the last dissenting voice Jay Marvin is no longer a part of the WLS team here). Don't know what to watch? I recommend Shaun of the Dead Most Americans will find this funny not because it has weird zombies who are laughable, but because it is British. We could watch the most serious British documentary on the most terrible of events and still get a chuckle or two just because the way they use the language sounds funny to our ears. It helps that the movie is actually pretty funny too.
Working on my Zen like emptiness















1 Comments:
Rich, I recommend renting a BBC show called Spaced which is done by the same guy who did Shaun of the Dead...it is a really quirky, weird, funny, cute show.
My sister's boyfriend is British and through him I've become a very recent British comedy freak.
Post a Comment
<< Home