Beverage Dispenser
So we were wandering through the Bulk Shopping place (that I'm ashamed to admit we occasionally stop at so I wont name it) and I saw that they had stacks of coke and diet coke syrup near the front of the store. At first I thought it was just stored in that area as a convenience to the concession stop next to it. Then I noticed the sign with the prices for the different types of pop and I realized that part of their marketing campaign centers around how they are the end all, be all, supplier of small business needs. They have no choice but to sell the fountain syrups. Every grease joint in Chicago and probably around the world, uses the stuff. It is probably one of the few items they have in stock all the time.
So we get home with a mini van full of bulk food items and it is my job to properly store said items on the shelves in the basement. I start thinking that these shelves are right under the kitchen and it would be a pretty convenient area to store a box or two of diet coke and diet caffeine free coke syrup. Just a couple holes through the floor and we could snake some lines up to the kitchen. Instead of daily making treks down to the basement to get canned soda we could just walk to the kitchen and have giant tumblers filled with cold fountain goodness!
Sure the initial investment in a refrigerated dispensing machine and an ice machine might seem a bit outrageous, but I bet we could make up the cost in savings on the amount of canned cola we buy in just a few short years. Heck If we were to have a party we could buy a few special flavors you know the ones with sugar in em. Mmmmm sugar soda. How I miss your sweet, sweet goodness.
So I ran the idea past the old man and he just wasn't as in love with the idea as I was. He bemoaned space and cost issues. So we loose a little counter space. We get giant bladder buster cups - o - soda that cost pennies each! Sure everybody dreams about having there own home beer tap and If I were still a drinking man that would probably be a priority for me, but times change and I want my pop machine. I guess I need a little help selling the old man on the notion. I'm open to suggestions.
If I were a wishlist making sort of guy that would top the list. Well really it would be right after the all expense paid trip to the adult video awards in Las Vegas. It would definately be the second item from the top of said list. Maybe I should start up a begging blog called Buy Me Coke. People would hit the donate button thinking they were helping out some junkie. Then I could put the Beverage Dispenser of Doom in and there would be nothing the Old Man could do to stop me. Muahahahaha!
More Laters
So we get home with a mini van full of bulk food items and it is my job to properly store said items on the shelves in the basement. I start thinking that these shelves are right under the kitchen and it would be a pretty convenient area to store a box or two of diet coke and diet caffeine free coke syrup. Just a couple holes through the floor and we could snake some lines up to the kitchen. Instead of daily making treks down to the basement to get canned soda we could just walk to the kitchen and have giant tumblers filled with cold fountain goodness!
Sure the initial investment in a refrigerated dispensing machine and an ice machine might seem a bit outrageous, but I bet we could make up the cost in savings on the amount of canned cola we buy in just a few short years. Heck If we were to have a party we could buy a few special flavors you know the ones with sugar in em. Mmmmm sugar soda. How I miss your sweet, sweet goodness.
So I ran the idea past the old man and he just wasn't as in love with the idea as I was. He bemoaned space and cost issues. So we loose a little counter space. We get giant bladder buster cups - o - soda that cost pennies each! Sure everybody dreams about having there own home beer tap and If I were still a drinking man that would probably be a priority for me, but times change and I want my pop machine. I guess I need a little help selling the old man on the notion. I'm open to suggestions.
If I were a wishlist making sort of guy that would top the list. Well really it would be right after the all expense paid trip to the adult video awards in Las Vegas. It would definately be the second item from the top of said list. Maybe I should start up a begging blog called Buy Me Coke. People would hit the donate button thinking they were helping out some junkie. Then I could put the Beverage Dispenser of Doom in and there would be nothing the Old Man could do to stop me. Muahahahaha!
More Laters















4 Comments:
Maybe it's just me, but I don't like the fountain drinks as much, they just aren't as good as the cans.
Vut it would be a Beverage Dispenser of Doom! That would make it better. And true the canned stuff is usually better because you don't have to worry about dirty lines or getting the mix set right. Still I'm a gadget loving guy. I want a Stanless Steel Ice cube dropping fountain drink machine.
brilliant.
having a soda fountain would be fun. keeping the carbonation levels sucks though--we had a lot of trouble with the one at steak n shake.
you can buy a neat on on ebay
Post a Comment
<< Home