Thursday, September 16, 2004

Rave Exercise

Ok this morning (well afternoon really but I was first thing I did after waking up so I think of it as morning) I broke out the exercise mat, took the weights out of the closet, dusted off the the Shwinn Airdyne and put in a little raver music to get the blood moving. (Anabolic Frolic of course). Then I proceeded to find out just how much damage one can do to one's self in as short a period as a month and a half.

I was very tired and very stinky after just maybe thirty minutes of exercise. Whereas not to long ago I was doing an hours worth of exercise no problem. Lousy metabolism. Lousy sugary goodness.

This was an improvement, however, over the plan that came to mind between my third and fourth roll over (Ah the joys of sleeping in). I had considered hiking down to the dunkin donuts for some coffee (With real half and half!) and some stale donuts. Fortunately the rain killed this plan. And I don't really like the stale donuts from that place anyway. You can see the stacks of fresh stuff in the back. Will they bring em out. No way. Haven't aged enough yet. The coffee is pretty good. I wonder if I could hike down there and just get coffee. Probably not. There would at least a cookie or two and that would pretty much nullify the exercise.

Another odd note. I've noticed now that we are a family with one bathroom and five adults (and five cats but they don't really factor into this) that we have an incredible collection of stuff on the back of the bathtub. I think everyone in the house (except me) has their own variety of moisturizer, shampoo and conditioner. The old man even has his own brand of bar soap. He has Yellow (gold) Dial soap. The rest of us are suppose to use the green stuff. (I think this is mainly because he doesn't want other peoples pubes in the soap he is going to use to wash his face with. There would probably be tons of razors, but the mom cracked down on that. We keep the razors and beard trimming kits in our separate rooms. (She has this thing about hair in the sink. Bah.

More Laters

3 Comments:

Blogger Shy said...

hair in the sink=yucky. jim empties his electric razor into the toliet and then leaves it unflushed. it looks like millions of legless ants or something. eew.

eew also to mystery hair on the family soap bar.

as for five people and one potty (mom, two sisters, me, and dad--4 women), that's how i grew up. just be thankful you're a guy and can readily pee outside without hassle.

if you really want the coffee and no cookies or donuts, bring only enough money for the coffee. that's how i avoid the vending machine at work--no money, no munchies. just the 75c's for a soda.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

But I want the cookies!

11:14 PM  
Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

Swiss Balls ? whats that?

Ok will update Joe Cool gets all the sci fi / fantasy books. Shy gets the rest. not that I plan on dying any time soon

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home