Monday, September 13, 2004

Ice Cream!

Sweets are a no no in the post heart attack house hold. I'm sure I'm not the only person forced to change his or her diet in order to help promote better health in his or her loved ones, yet being a man who has spent most of his adult life eating food that can only properly be described as crap, I haven't taken the loss very well. Occasionally I will sneak off to the Wendy's for a frosty. I might make a run down to the drug store and grab a chocolate bar or even a sugar soda!

Now my mother (the primary reason we can not have bad things) and the old man (aka my father) are off on a vacation to Idaho for a week and we've been treating ourselves. Yesterday the little brother and his wife went out shopping and brought home a coffee cake. I was all in favor of this development. Then I found out it has some sort of custard goo in the middle and I just couldn't eat it. I like my coffee cake to have baker's cheese or just chocolate drippings on that wonderful pastry goodness. Still and all I cast my vote for any and all junk food. It was a pastry item within the confines of my urban hermitage. Go team!

Today the team (aka my brother and his wife) went for a walk and then as a reward for doing exercise they went to the store and bought two count them 2, half gallons of ice cream. They got a French vanilla and something called fudge tracks. (It has fudge and peanut butter cups. I highly recommend it.) And that's not all they also picked up chocolate and caramel syrups, hot fudge and to top it off whipped cream and cool whip. My blood pressure is rising just thinking about all that sugary goodness. Today I am a happy man. Now to go kill things on my xbox.

First check it out. There is a new Foamy cartoon. Beginner's guide to being a bitch-hermit. And if you haven't already claimed your blog on blogshares, do so. I probably already own most of your stock.

More Laters

9 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

You have worked me into a sugar-starved frenzy.

And yes, I DID notice that you are a stockholder. Thank you, thank you very much.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

web based gaming. good stuff. There are a few bogs I read I couldn't get a piece of. Someone beat me to it.

I say go with the ice cream with hot fudge!

11:31 PM  
Blogger Shy said...

foamyfoamyfoamyfoamyfoamyfoamyfoamyfoamyfoamyfoamyfoamy
FOAMYFOAMYFOAMYFoaMYFaOMyFAoMyfaOmyfAoMyfOAmyfoAmYFOAMY! I LOVE FOAMY. Thanks for introducing me to foamy.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

I take it the shy liked the 9 easy steps. It tickled me too. One of these days I'm going to send for the card cult card.

2:11 AM  
Blogger Shy said...

i want a foamy tshirt. i will buy a foamy shirt. first, i must work 5 extra hours.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

yeah that cafe press stuff custs a fortune. I wouldn't mind a shockingly provincial store, but we woule need a logo or something. And people to buy the stuff.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

Ohhh wendy's is just laden with grease. Watch me salivate.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Shy said...

pizza. and macomb has lots of it. is there a more perfect food...not counting the potato?

5:05 PM  
Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

I just had pizza. Real chicago pizza. mmmmmmmm.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home