Pixels and Exercise
I've always understood that the more pixels something had the better the picture you got. Then I got to the internet where everything has a bandwidth limit. For the longest time I didn't have a picture on my profile because I couldn't figure out how to make an image any smaller. Then the other day I came across a supposedly 100% completely free dating service and while checking it out I noticed that they do had a file size limit for ones image.
After about an hour of playing with some program that came loaded on the HP, I finally figured out how to make an image smaller. I then had to spend thirty minutes trying to guess what percentage of original quality would give me just the right size and still be a pretty clean image. I finally gave up on the dating service thing anyway as it looked more like web cam nastiness than anything else. Still having this new knowledge and an image to play with I was able to put up the wonderful, "Rich with pie." (pumpkin) If I had been willing to crop out the pie it probably would have been easier and the quality of the head shot would be better, but then it wouldn't be me. That was yesterdays project.
Today I thought to myself, "Self you need to get your in gear and do a little exercise today. It's been over a month you lazy ox." Then I thought about how I had a couple bucks just in case we need milk or anything while the folks were off vacationing in Idaho. Then it occurred to me that my brother has a job, and so does his wife for that matter, if we need milk they could buy it! Then, being the mature adult I am, I took a 2 mile walk down to the local video game store. (It was hot out there). I am now the proud owner of yet another time waster and thought nullifier and as such every fiber of my being cries out to get back to what is truly important, using my little guy to kill other little guys in the name of peace and justice or something like that.
In summary: I like pie. Video games are the opposite of productivity. I actually exercised a bit today (not much but one must start slow. Tomorrow I'll eyeball the exercise bike and decide if I'm ready to get back on it).
More Laters
After about an hour of playing with some program that came loaded on the HP, I finally figured out how to make an image smaller. I then had to spend thirty minutes trying to guess what percentage of original quality would give me just the right size and still be a pretty clean image. I finally gave up on the dating service thing anyway as it looked more like web cam nastiness than anything else. Still having this new knowledge and an image to play with I was able to put up the wonderful, "Rich with pie." (pumpkin) If I had been willing to crop out the pie it probably would have been easier and the quality of the head shot would be better, but then it wouldn't be me. That was yesterdays project.
Today I thought to myself, "Self you need to get your
In summary: I like pie. Video games are the opposite of productivity. I actually exercised a bit today (not much but one must start slow. Tomorrow I'll eyeball the exercise bike and decide if I'm ready to get back on it).
More Laters















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home