Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot
So I'm totally addicted to the Kingdom of Loathing. So much so that, even though it is a free internet game, I've considered walking down to the currency exchange (during day light hours!) and getting a money order to send to em. These are my hard begged dollars. The change from errands. The money found while folding laundry. Anything cleaned off the kitchen table or from between couch cushions. My precious few dollars that ought to be properly spent on wine and women (ok maybe books and video games but a man can dream cant he).
I think I first found the game on a Fark link. I actually played it because not only was it free, but anything with character classes like Seal Clubber, Disco Bandit and Accordion Thief can't be all bad. So after screwing around with it for a while I realized that the Asymmetrical Publications team had created something that parodies, lampoons and satirizes every aspect of geek life, from computer gaming to comic book conventions, from Star Trek futures to sword and sorcery fantasies. If you ever rolled a D 20, If you ever watched had a star wars movie marathon, if you ever had to say, "Just wait till I get to the next save point!" then this game will appeal to you.
Then I discovered Radio KOL (24k stream)(64K stream). Geeks playing geek music, talking about geek life. Certain a step on the path to nerdvana. Add the occasional somewhat inebriated geek hosting the show late at night and its like a geek train wreck. You can not stop listening, though you desperately wish that you could.
Anyway that is enough of the free advertisement love fest. I just had to share the fact that I am now the proud owner of a ninja pirate zombie robot. Muahahahaha.
More Laters
I think I first found the game on a Fark link. I actually played it because not only was it free, but anything with character classes like Seal Clubber, Disco Bandit and Accordion Thief can't be all bad. So after screwing around with it for a while I realized that the Asymmetrical Publications team had created something that parodies, lampoons and satirizes every aspect of geek life, from computer gaming to comic book conventions, from Star Trek futures to sword and sorcery fantasies. If you ever rolled a D 20, If you ever watched had a star wars movie marathon, if you ever had to say, "Just wait till I get to the next save point!" then this game will appeal to you.
Then I discovered Radio KOL (24k stream)(64K stream). Geeks playing geek music, talking about geek life. Certain a step on the path to nerdvana. Add the occasional somewhat inebriated geek hosting the show late at night and its like a geek train wreck. You can not stop listening, though you desperately wish that you could.
Anyway that is enough of the free advertisement love fest. I just had to share the fact that I am now the proud owner of a ninja pirate zombie robot. Muahahahaha.
More Laters















1 Comments:
I first found out about KoL from a game review on TechTV's "The ScreenSavers." A few days later I signed up, got really into it and then left for a month due to exams. I'm back and while I'm not spending all day on KoL, it's a great game and fun community.
I know a lot of the DJs put hard work into their shows, so it's great to see someone else appreciating it and not complaining that their request isn't being automatically played. ^_^
Oh, and all hail the NPZR. Very awesome familiar.
Post a Comment
<< Home