Gel Pads and the American Infatuation with Comfort
I’m not sure when gel became the cushioning of choice, but as of late, it sure is popular. The first gel-padded product that comes to my mind is the Dr. Scholl’s gel insole. If you’re on your feet a lot, the gel insole could provide you with some relief. But it didn’t stop there.
There are gel grips for our pens—those are nice when you write a lot, right? Anything to prevent that painful indentation on your support finger (different people hold the pen/pencil differently). We can then move on to the gel shoulder supports for our book bags—nice for days when your book bag weights 30 friggin’ pounds, gel nose pads for eye glasses—borderline necessary in my opinion, gel wrist rests for both the keyboard and the mouse, gel steering wheel covers—I’m too afraid they would melt in my hot car, gel pads for your lawnmower handles, gel handles on hairbrushes, and even gel pads for your saddle. I could go on for hours before making my point (because there are just so darn many innovative gel products), but I will spare you---if you think of a really good one, be sure to add it in the comments.
Yesterday, I bought a toothbrush. Since there are just too many choices, I ini mini miny moed it and ended up with the Colgate 360. After opening it, I discovered that it had gel pads for added comfort. If you don’t believe me, the little guy even has a webpage here . While I'm on that topic, that is one website. Not only can you change the color of the tooth brush, but you can enter a simulated brushing environment.
Who needs gel pads on their toothbrush? It’s a two minute process. How much stress could be possibly enforced on your fingers in two minutes? And if you’re brushing right, you shouldn’t be using that much pressure.
I must admit that it does feel kinda neat, but who on earth thought of this? According to the website, the cushioning on the back provides more control. Honestly, I’ve never experienced slippage with my toothbrush.
Out of curiousity, what do you think will be the next gel cushioned product? My money is on dishwasher-safe silverware.
There are gel grips for our pens—those are nice when you write a lot, right? Anything to prevent that painful indentation on your support finger (different people hold the pen/pencil differently). We can then move on to the gel shoulder supports for our book bags—nice for days when your book bag weights 30 friggin’ pounds, gel nose pads for eye glasses—borderline necessary in my opinion, gel wrist rests for both the keyboard and the mouse, gel steering wheel covers—I’m too afraid they would melt in my hot car, gel pads for your lawnmower handles, gel handles on hairbrushes, and even gel pads for your saddle. I could go on for hours before making my point (because there are just so darn many innovative gel products), but I will spare you---if you think of a really good one, be sure to add it in the comments.
Yesterday, I bought a toothbrush. Since there are just too many choices, I ini mini miny moed it and ended up with the Colgate 360. After opening it, I discovered that it had gel pads for added comfort. If you don’t believe me, the little guy even has a webpage here . While I'm on that topic, that is one website. Not only can you change the color of the tooth brush, but you can enter a simulated brushing environment.
Who needs gel pads on their toothbrush? It’s a two minute process. How much stress could be possibly enforced on your fingers in two minutes? And if you’re brushing right, you shouldn’t be using that much pressure.
I must admit that it does feel kinda neat, but who on earth thought of this? According to the website, the cushioning on the back provides more control. Honestly, I’ve never experienced slippage with my toothbrush.
Out of curiousity, what do you think will be the next gel cushioned product? My money is on dishwasher-safe silverware.















3 Comments:
gel care items for our pets
gel condoms
gel door handles
a keyboard made entirely of gel!
my mom keeps telling me to get bike shorts with gel pad inserts but i am too embarrassed!
RTCP:
What?! Gel pad bike shorts? Now that is something different. Add that to the gel padded saddle and you could ride a horse for days.
Bear:
Gel condoms...now that sparks my interest.
Post a Comment
<< Home