Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Late Night Living

So I might be getting some Internet Crack around my birthday. This practically guarantees six am bed times, blog neglect and bad hygiene. Give me a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game and I can zone out, not for minutes and hours but for days and weeks. I must have played Dark Age of Camelot for six months straight. Did I have any worries? No. Did I drink? No. Did I smoke? No. Did I view adult materials on the internet? Well yeah but not nearly as much. I had Internet crack.

These days I try to make sure that I write and exercise every day. As I am a very lazy individual I am more likely to blow off the physical chore than the writing, but there have been many nights where I thought, "I can skip just this once. I wont make a habit of it." If I skip exercise for too long my pants get tight, my blood pressure starts to bother me and I'm just generally uncomfortable and unhappy until I right the wrong. If it weren't for the fact that I know people will read what I write, I would probably have skipped a day here a couple days there and eventually this would be yet another dead blog waiting for the Google corporation to clean their servers.

An audience is another form of crack. Every hit, every comment is an affirmation for the ego meter. The Rich checks his email compulsively to see if anyone has said anything yet. He needs to know if the audience has shown up and whether they approved. Strong heady stuff this crack. Beats the heck out of booze any day.

So I'm curious if I will last very long with the game this time. It's not that I'm actually dedicated to words or the art, but rather to feeding the ego beast, to watching the audience grow, and to the implementation of the Master Plan (to take over the world). Will I play the game at night and hide in my room during the day to blog? Will I get tired of the large number of preteens that flood the online gaming world. Will I think better of asking for the game and ask for the folks to put money aside so that I might one day own a licensed version of Macromedia Flash (I want to make flash cartoons even though I have absolutely no talent in the area of drawing. Mostly I could do the voices and the story line and after much, much learning possibly the flash coding. I'm still not sure what I would do for the artwork part). Will the Dynamic Duo escape? Find out next time. Same Bat Time. Same Bat Blog.

More Laters

1 Comments:

Blogger south of north said...

i'm tom and i approve this message.



... not that anyone should or does care whether i approve or not.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home