today's crackpot theory
today’s crackpot theory
Jim and i went to Peoria this weekend to go out to eat, frolic through Best Buy, browse through Barnes and Nobles and to just get out of Macomb. On the drive there, we passed several dead skunks , smashed to oblivion on the highway. On the way back, we passed those same pole cats/skunks and some newly killed skunks. Now maybe what I’m going to say is a good thing—i have never, ever, not even once, seen a living skunk. i grew up in a rural area and I continue to spend a great deal of time out in the woods.
if the number of dead skunks on the road in anyway indicates the number of dead skunks living among us, why haven’t i seen one?
i have seen dead deer, coyote, fox, raccoon…..the list goes on—but i have seen each of these numerous times while out in the woods.
so where are the living skunks? Are they really that elusive? again, i am not saying that i wish to encounter a skunk in the woods. i have no desire to test first hand how well tomato juice works in removing the scent from your skin. i just want to know where they are.
so, i have worked up a theory.
skunks must not originally come from the woods. Skunks come from another planet and are dropped down onto highways by space ships. Since there are tales of people being sprayed by skunks, I believe that 10% of these skunks live. Some even become pets to weird people. The other 90% of the skunks splatter once they hit the highway. No one actually hits a live one. They simply splatter upon impact. As for why these skunks are dropped to earth in the first place, that is another theory for another day...the may be involved with the Alien Asian Mice. if you have no idea what i'm talking about, see my comment on an old blog here.
my other question is if whether or not crows, hawks, and other carrion eating birds eat skunk? is it a matter of how hungry and desperate for food they are (like me and Taco Bell), do they not mind the smell, or do they not eat them at all and the dead skunks remain on the road until smeared into oblivion?
Jim and i went to Peoria this weekend to go out to eat, frolic through Best Buy, browse through Barnes and Nobles and to just get out of Macomb. On the drive there, we passed several dead skunks , smashed to oblivion on the highway. On the way back, we passed those same pole cats/skunks and some newly killed skunks. Now maybe what I’m going to say is a good thing—i have never, ever, not even once, seen a living skunk. i grew up in a rural area and I continue to spend a great deal of time out in the woods.
if the number of dead skunks on the road in anyway indicates the number of dead skunks living among us, why haven’t i seen one?
i have seen dead deer, coyote, fox, raccoon…..the list goes on—but i have seen each of these numerous times while out in the woods.
so where are the living skunks? Are they really that elusive? again, i am not saying that i wish to encounter a skunk in the woods. i have no desire to test first hand how well tomato juice works in removing the scent from your skin. i just want to know where they are.
so, i have worked up a theory.
skunks must not originally come from the woods. Skunks come from another planet and are dropped down onto highways by space ships. Since there are tales of people being sprayed by skunks, I believe that 10% of these skunks live. Some even become pets to weird people. The other 90% of the skunks splatter once they hit the highway. No one actually hits a live one. They simply splatter upon impact. As for why these skunks are dropped to earth in the first place, that is another theory for another day...the may be involved with the Alien Asian Mice. if you have no idea what i'm talking about, see my comment on an old blog here.
my other question is if whether or not crows, hawks, and other carrion eating birds eat skunk? is it a matter of how hungry and desperate for food they are (like me and Taco Bell), do they not mind the smell, or do they not eat them at all and the dead skunks remain on the road until smeared into oblivion?















4 Comments:
I edited this post just to fix the broken links. I changed the content in no way. and it still comes up as posted by shy.
I saw a real live skunk while I was on vaction a couple months back. I was pretty drunk at the time so not only was i terrified about what to do with the skunk but i drunk and terrified. Not a good way to be. I must have stood in the road for ten minutes wishing ti to go away.
i had broken links...wow, i'm getting sloppy. thanks for fixing that for me. good to know someone is watching out for me.
I'm sure ive putup a number of bad links you only realize they dont work when someone else clck one em why go look at a site youve already been to it hasn't changed in five minutes.
A live skunk approached me once while I was enjoying dinner by the campfire in the woods. It was really scary. I think it was indeed dropped from the heavens and for some reason survived the fall.
Post a Comment
<< Home