Shy Holiday Attempt # 2
Ok here is the brief version. The Shy like Halloween. She and I are both down and many facets of Christmas, most notably the rampant consumerism. See Adbusters about Buy nothing day.
A part about Halloween that I like is that there is so much media (Movies, books, flash) to recommend. First something I wrote back in the day called Black Leather Coat Syndrome. I don't contribute to Jason's site anymore but he still hosts a few of my musings.
Next My favorite author, Roger Zelazny wrote, A Night in the Lonesome October. Story from a dogs point of view. Zelazny at his best. (Even better than the Amber series). Finally a piece of classic literature not normally associated with the holiday that I happen to really like. It is The Rime of the Ancient Mariner and Other Poems by Samuel Taylor Coleridge. It's a ghost story of sorts and it rhymes.
I can not believe how completely frustrated and angry the loss of a post makes me. I am neither but the time or the care into recreating what I said before just making a posts with links, what crap.
In attempt # 1, I mentioned that I do not want to merely plug books so I would be dragging it out over the course of the month. This is more an effort to introduce people to things that taken up residence in my mind rather than to shill for Amazon. It is all part of the master Plan (to take over the world.)
Let's see I also talked about how now that I'm a fan of Strongbad and The Cheat of Homestar Runner, I like to refer to Shy as The Shy. Not that she my sidekick, I just like the third person sound of it.
I also talked about how, on Halloween, my brothers and I would pull out a jumpsuit three sizes too large for me, and then make it look like I was a stuffed doll. Then they would drag me out to the porch. I scared many a child and even more parents by merely twitching when they approached. I'm surprised nobody tripped on the stairs and sued us. Good times.
After a quick trip to the chocolate stash I remembered one of the best parts of Halloween. I get to eat miniature candy bars. One for the kiddies two for my secret stash. Turn the porch light off whenever mom isn't looking to preserve more candy for me. I'm a little evil like that.
The Summary will still be the same: Christmas = Grossly Consumerist. Halloween also consumerist, but with added chocolate so OK. Shy is a bit of a Goth girl at heart. I miss Roger Zelazny.
Picture Links

More Laters
A part about Halloween that I like is that there is so much media (Movies, books, flash) to recommend. First something I wrote back in the day called Black Leather Coat Syndrome. I don't contribute to Jason's site anymore but he still hosts a few of my musings.
Next My favorite author, Roger Zelazny wrote, A Night in the Lonesome October. Story from a dogs point of view. Zelazny at his best. (Even better than the Amber series). Finally a piece of classic literature not normally associated with the holiday that I happen to really like. It is The Rime of the Ancient Mariner and Other Poems by Samuel Taylor Coleridge. It's a ghost story of sorts and it rhymes.
I can not believe how completely frustrated and angry the loss of a post makes me. I am neither but the time or the care into recreating what I said before just making a posts with links, what crap.
In attempt # 1, I mentioned that I do not want to merely plug books so I would be dragging it out over the course of the month. This is more an effort to introduce people to things that taken up residence in my mind rather than to shill for Amazon. It is all part of the master Plan (to take over the world.)
Let's see I also talked about how now that I'm a fan of Strongbad and The Cheat of Homestar Runner, I like to refer to Shy as The Shy. Not that she my sidekick, I just like the third person sound of it.
I also talked about how, on Halloween, my brothers and I would pull out a jumpsuit three sizes too large for me, and then make it look like I was a stuffed doll. Then they would drag me out to the porch. I scared many a child and even more parents by merely twitching when they approached. I'm surprised nobody tripped on the stairs and sued us. Good times.
After a quick trip to the chocolate stash I remembered one of the best parts of Halloween. I get to eat miniature candy bars. One for the kiddies two for my secret stash. Turn the porch light off whenever mom isn't looking to preserve more candy for me. I'm a little evil like that.
The Summary will still be the same: Christmas = Grossly Consumerist. Halloween also consumerist, but with added chocolate so OK. Shy is a bit of a Goth girl at heart. I miss Roger Zelazny.
Picture Links

More Laters















3 Comments:
I love Halloween. Thanksgiving and Christmas depress me.
They already have boxes of Christmas cards and Santa Clause figurines for sale at my grocery store. It's bad. It's really bad.
i hate when i lose a blog. it only happened once to me though...oh and then that one time when i clicked the icon that looks like a laundry detergent cap that turned out to be a delete button.......still makes no sense why they use an icon that looks like a detergent cap.
i love candy.
the one thing i like about xmas is cookies. i love to make cookies and lots of kinds of cookies are made with mom, dad, and sisters at home. it's fun. stressfull, but fun. i shall have to send you a tin of xmas cookies galore. that is one good thing about the season.
the shy loves halloween.
It's getting where I have so many different things I want to talk about these days but they october / halloween theme every so often throught the month should be rewarding. Oh so many books and movies and memories to talk about.
And Candy.
Post a Comment
<< Home