Sunday, September 26, 2004

One of Six

Ok so when you go to a wedding and you are one of the six single guys on the floor waiting for the garter you think, "how can I avoid catching the garter without just letting it fall at my feet. A cousin and I both tried to hide behind members of the grooms family. Well not exactly hide. Six foot tall man do not hide. We stand way, way back knowing a garter doesn't have much weight to it.

Note for best man / bride's maid duties for anyone standing up any time soon. You have to stay sober at least until you deliver your toast. Secondly a toast, brief wish for the bride and groom not a twenty minute speech. Sober short from the heart. This is not hard stuff.

Best man was toast. He went on for a small eternity. The kicker is the entire thing is on tape / digital video. Almost every aspect of the wedding and the reception was. Some people did little interviews before the camera making statements wishes to the couple. I didn't get the opportunity, but now that I think about it I think I might have said, "Now that you have watched this video put it away. Don't take it out every anniversary or when you have a fight. Don't live in the past. Make new memories take new pictures. Pull this video out in twenty years and be amazed at how young everyone was."

I should have slipped the cameraman a couple bucks and asked him to edit the best man's speech. It was just wrong.

Now for something very odd that I found through links I found on Written Inc. He has a Terrorist level warning I thought about copying but followed back to it's source and found another blog called Wacky Neighbor. On that site I found a link to this very strange music video. I love internet culture.

In Summary: A toast is suppose to be brief. Maybe it is better to just tape the ceremony. Net culture rocks.

More Laters

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home