Guerilla Commenting
A while back a blogger by the handle of Jasmine just showed up out of the blue and commented on whatever my latest rant was at the time. (I had not yet installed the little site tracking thingy (technical term thingy)). So being obsessively curious about who is reading this site, I followed the commenting ID back to her site (which is now non existent) and commented on her most recent post.
The next day I went to see if Jasmine had updated, which she had not, but I was surprised to see something like 15 comments already on her first post. The only time I've ever had 15 comments was when me and shy went back and forth about my army of flying monkees and her super smart cats. So I started following those links back to their respective sites ( I think this is how I found Drooling Drip) and found that like mine, Jasmine had visited and commented on their site within the past day or so. Jasmine was in midst of a campaign of guerilla commenting.
This was back before the "next blog" button, so I'm thinking this woman used the links on the profile page (Like favorite movies. Click on a movie such as Bubba Ho-Tep (Limited Collector's Edition) and get a list of all they people who have it in their favorite movies list. Ok so this link is really to Amazon but you know what I mean. )
While I haven't exactly started a campaign like this myself, I do try to comment on every site I read, thus drawing people back here so I can warp their minds with my rants all part of the master plan to take over the world. I really wish blogger had a categories flag like the Word Press sites I've seen. Then I could have a category called Global Domination or Master Plan.
Anyways, somebody stopped by my photoblog Everyday Absurd and left a comment and I followed that back and found a blog that is almost brand spanking new! Only a dozen or so posts so far. Without further ado here is The Zen Pretzel Trick. And for your visual stimulus check out Glowsintime part photoblog part journal / weblog of a man who recently commented on thsi site.
So in summary if you think I'm commenting too much on your blog you are not alone as I'm waging my guerilla commenting campaign as part of the Master Plan. (to take over the world).
Picture Link
More Laters
The next day I went to see if Jasmine had updated, which she had not, but I was surprised to see something like 15 comments already on her first post. The only time I've ever had 15 comments was when me and shy went back and forth about my army of flying monkees and her super smart cats. So I started following those links back to their respective sites ( I think this is how I found Drooling Drip) and found that like mine, Jasmine had visited and commented on their site within the past day or so. Jasmine was in midst of a campaign of guerilla commenting.
This was back before the "next blog" button, so I'm thinking this woman used the links on the profile page (Like favorite movies. Click on a movie such as Bubba Ho-Tep (Limited Collector's Edition) and get a list of all they people who have it in their favorite movies list. Ok so this link is really to Amazon but you know what I mean. )
While I haven't exactly started a campaign like this myself, I do try to comment on every site I read, thus drawing people back here so I can warp their minds with my rants all part of the master plan to take over the world. I really wish blogger had a categories flag like the Word Press sites I've seen. Then I could have a category called Global Domination or Master Plan.
Anyways, somebody stopped by my photoblog Everyday Absurd and left a comment and I followed that back and found a blog that is almost brand spanking new! Only a dozen or so posts so far. Without further ado here is The Zen Pretzel Trick. And for your visual stimulus check out Glowsintime part photoblog part journal / weblog of a man who recently commented on thsi site.
So in summary if you think I'm commenting too much on your blog you are not alone as I'm waging my guerilla commenting campaign as part of the Master Plan. (to take over the world).
Picture Link
More Laters















6 Comments:
...and my own guerilla campaign begins...(like the blog, btw)
Yeah, Jasmine hit me up too. I fell for her like a blind roofer and then she up and left.
Not only are you infringing upon my own plan for world domination, you have also figured out my strategy for guerilla commenting. Tsk tsk tsk. Now I will show up with my feline army (of one) and stage a surprise attack on your and your domesticated felinity.
I have yet to put up a picture of the feline secret weapon known as Jake. He's just plane huge. An army unto himself. Not very aggressive unless food is involved so I'll train em to think you have a whole bag of friskies treats.
Jake is awesome.
i have gone the lazy way. yesterday, i posted a pic of me in hopes to attract a reader or two. the picture is so small that you have to view my profile to tell if i'm ugly or not. i'm hoping some one will be curious.
.....i'll go back to the angry lizard in a few days.
From the site statistics on the counter your profile brings in more people than mine. I think its the geek factor. Male geeks swarm to anything female in cyberspace Now that as ave a pick I bet we get even more. And you start getting weird email.
LOL> Guerilla commenting I think not. You are a good blogger, I will read along :) You are my nieghbour on the next blog button. Yes !
Post a Comment
<< Home