Soul Tired and Caffeine Free
I was at a Family Event today which required travel to and from suburbia and an extended visiting, small talk and answering, "How's your mom?" any number of times to people I see maybe once or twice a year. These sorts of things take up your whole person. No sitting around wondering what shall I rant about tonight. You must stay in the present and keep up with what is going on. Some small bit of gossip might slip by! Somehow it drains energy from ones very being. Nothing physical was done, didn't work hard mentally and yet as I sit my self down at what I find to be a very early hour (just after midnight)I find it hard to work up to a really good froth. I mean I've already got a number of topics set aside that I want to go on about at length, but now I feel I can do them little justice.
I could tell that the family had aged a bit as every variety of diet and caffeine free soda was available as well as coffee. While beer was available not many partook and those who did were moderate in their consumption. And with the meal out of every purse or breast pocket came the little pill container as everyone discretely washed down there meds.
I think a bright spot for many was to ask me how I was doing and I would get a grin from ear to ear and tell em, "Still not working and Loving it."
Today they did something that may not be repeated in future gatherings. It was called a white elephant grab bag. The object was to bring something that was sitting around the house not being used and put in the grab bag and then people would randomly pick hoping that one man's junk would become another's treasure. Today we learned that our relatives find much the same things to be junk as we do. Happy to say I did not participate and acquire any new junk.
More laters
I could tell that the family had aged a bit as every variety of diet and caffeine free soda was available as well as coffee. While beer was available not many partook and those who did were moderate in their consumption. And with the meal out of every purse or breast pocket came the little pill container as everyone discretely washed down there meds.
I think a bright spot for many was to ask me how I was doing and I would get a grin from ear to ear and tell em, "Still not working and Loving it."
Today they did something that may not be repeated in future gatherings. It was called a white elephant grab bag. The object was to bring something that was sitting around the house not being used and put in the grab bag and then people would randomly pick hoping that one man's junk would become another's treasure. Today we learned that our relatives find much the same things to be junk as we do. Happy to say I did not participate and acquire any new junk.
More laters















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home