More Evil Genius
So I'm thinking I've dreamed up a whole new twist to be beaten to death by Hollywood types and that is the idea of a criminalist or psychologist working not to solve cases, but to help in the crimes themselves.
It started out like this. I'm laying in bed thinking what type of role would a Hollywood Casting director type put me in. My first thought was the stupid muscle guy in some Mafia thing. I'm a big guy. I loom very well.
Then I see myself taking direction and I say to myself what in the world do I know about being Italian. Not a thing. Why are these crime families always Italian and heck was the Godfather the only bit of film or television where they thought about using a single non Italian as a family friend.
Then I started thinking about the money and the work. Sure a young muscle guy would be out there cracking heads but a guy my age would probably just hang around the boss as protection. It would be a sort of cushion job for an old trusted friend. Thirty is too old to be running around but still agile enough to take a baseball bat and wave it menacingly at any one in the presence of the boss. But then there is the money thing. It's pretty good money and I'm a smart guy.
Why don't any of these muscle guys ever go to night school or enroll in some kind of correspondence course. Why in a few short years of body guarding a guy could probably do a lot of studying while the boss is safely tucked away in a meeting or entertaining his mistress. A thirty year old Mafia thug could conceivably have masters in criminal justice or psychology. Sure there are always mob lawyers who used to be somebody's little kid, but where are the shrinks.
I could just see the muscle asking for a few minutes of "the boss"es time. It wouldn't be just a "can I talk to you boss" thing. Oh no. It would be a asking the secretary to pencil me in for a few minutes of the big man's time at his earliest convenience. The degree not come as a surprise to an observant criminal mastermind, but who expects the muscle to do anything but break legs. It would seem might odd when said thug asks for help starting a practice and perhaps does a little down payment in dossiers on police personnel and political figures.
We seem to have this idea about doctors and shrinks as above the evil of it all. Sure every once in a while they end up killing a spouse on the cop shows but the only really evil doctor was Hannibal Lecter and he was more of a crazy evil. I'm sure there would be some shrink some where that would see the opportunity to study law enforcement from the other point of view as necessary scientific work and heck I bet there are any number who wouldn't even need rationalizations at all just a large pay check.
One could go with a sort of comical evil criminalist too. A sort of Austin powers doctor evil in a "secret volcano layer" pulling pranks on law enforcement everywhere. Yes even the sitcom will sink it's teeth into my evil criminalist.
In Summary: I'd probably be cast as thug by a Hollywood casting director. Even thugs aspire to greater things. The evil criminalist would make a sissy out of James Bond.
More Laters
It started out like this. I'm laying in bed thinking what type of role would a Hollywood Casting director type put me in. My first thought was the stupid muscle guy in some Mafia thing. I'm a big guy. I loom very well.
Then I see myself taking direction and I say to myself what in the world do I know about being Italian. Not a thing. Why are these crime families always Italian and heck was the Godfather the only bit of film or television where they thought about using a single non Italian as a family friend.
Then I started thinking about the money and the work. Sure a young muscle guy would be out there cracking heads but a guy my age would probably just hang around the boss as protection. It would be a sort of cushion job for an old trusted friend. Thirty is too old to be running around but still agile enough to take a baseball bat and wave it menacingly at any one in the presence of the boss. But then there is the money thing. It's pretty good money and I'm a smart guy.
Why don't any of these muscle guys ever go to night school or enroll in some kind of correspondence course. Why in a few short years of body guarding a guy could probably do a lot of studying while the boss is safely tucked away in a meeting or entertaining his mistress. A thirty year old Mafia thug could conceivably have masters in criminal justice or psychology. Sure there are always mob lawyers who used to be somebody's little kid, but where are the shrinks.
I could just see the muscle asking for a few minutes of "the boss"es time. It wouldn't be just a "can I talk to you boss" thing. Oh no. It would be a asking the secretary to pencil me in for a few minutes of the big man's time at his earliest convenience. The degree not come as a surprise to an observant criminal mastermind, but who expects the muscle to do anything but break legs. It would seem might odd when said thug asks for help starting a practice and perhaps does a little down payment in dossiers on police personnel and political figures.
We seem to have this idea about doctors and shrinks as above the evil of it all. Sure every once in a while they end up killing a spouse on the cop shows but the only really evil doctor was Hannibal Lecter and he was more of a crazy evil. I'm sure there would be some shrink some where that would see the opportunity to study law enforcement from the other point of view as necessary scientific work and heck I bet there are any number who wouldn't even need rationalizations at all just a large pay check.
One could go with a sort of comical evil criminalist too. A sort of Austin powers doctor evil in a "secret volcano layer" pulling pranks on law enforcement everywhere. Yes even the sitcom will sink it's teeth into my evil criminalist.
In Summary: I'd probably be cast as thug by a Hollywood casting director. Even thugs aspire to greater things. The evil criminalist would make a sissy out of James Bond.
More Laters















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home