Friday, March 03, 2006

Evil Genius

So Cable television = Law & Order and CSI in all their variations 24 / 7. Ok maybe at five A.M. they switch to an infomercial or something, but the rest of the time its all crime shows with a few crime movies thrown in for good measure. (Silence of the Lambs, Kiss the Girls that sort of things). What I have come to realize is that while regular murder and mayhem may be the norm, the truly special shows, the ones with cliff hangers or the ideas that make it on the big screen are allways the serial murderers.

For some reason we wat to see twisted people kill lots and lots of people and toy with the police. Sure in the end they either get caught dramaticlly or shot about a hundred thousand times. (You never see the cops get questioned about why they had to shoot the sick bastard fifty times. If he was still moving he might harm someone).

Then we have the old style bond villians (also on cable seven days a week) who almost enjoy going up against James Bond. It's not enough hat they get volcano lairs or million dollar submersible cars at their disposal. They glory is in humiliating the hero.

So I think. I can see how one might want to try and be in the spotlight like that. The problem is what can your ordinaty evil genius do that doesnt require morbidly chopping your fellow human beings to bits or trying to conquer the world. What actions would garner high media and civil attention, without putting people in jeapordy or risking a lengthly stay in a correctional facility. (I've heard about bubba and his "love" and I want no part of it).

I'm stumped. I think you your average joe bent on a diabolic scheme doens't have a chance unless he is already rich and famous. I mean sure a millionare can go around throwing pies at people or leaving lawn gnomes on strange lawns, cash and fame can buy lawyers and sway juries. If I were to go around trying to pull some kind of turk 182. It would be jail time for sure.

Unless I can find a patsy. Where do the evil geniuses in the movies recruit these loyal throw away lackey's. I;m not about go fight club. I'm not a violent man. (And I scar badly). Much to ponder.

More Laters

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home