don't leave me out in the sun
i've got a complaint to make, but i don't want anyone to take it the wrong way. i enjoyed myself at the wedding, i enjoyed meeting future in-laws, and i enjoyed the open bar. they even had good vodka. cheap vodka is great. the good vodka is even greater. free, good vodka is the greatest….actually, free, good vodka in high volumes because you could afford to tip the guy really well and he remembered you the next multiple times is the greatest.
I don't know much about wedding etiquette. Until recently, I didn’t know why people tapped their champagne glasses all the time. However, I would like to think it would be common sense not to schedule your wedding on the Saturday of a three day weekend. When you do this, no one can plan a mini vacation. It’s great that the two of ya are getting married, but it isn’t great when you interrupt traditional mini vacations. I could have just not gone, but some things are obligatory.
My second complaint, in my book, is a legitimate one. When you plan for an outdoor wedding, let the guests know. Not only were there wilting old men in tweed jackets, but we were in direct sun at 11am. Bad news when you have fair skin. I would have brought sunscreen if I knew I had to sit directly beneath the sun as would have the mother of the 4 redheaded children.. Sitting there feeling my skin start to get hot and tight was very distracting. thank pete that my moisturizer has sunscreen in it or I would have gotten a sun burn on my face and i hate when my nose peels. Am I wrong here or should they have included that tidbit of info in the invitation?
So all complaints aside, it wasn’t all that bad. When Jim’s sister and I walked into the reception hall, I noticed that there were wine glasses with what appeared to be aspirin in them. Turns out that the aspirin were white M&M’s with the wedding date printed on them. Luckily Jim's sister (the only one of 6 that i know well enough to feel comfortable around) is cool enough to think that was funny and to not tell the other relatives (who have some connections with a few schools around here) what my warm in the head self thought. However, I still think that aspirin would be a great idea at a wedding with an open bar. I will keep this in mind when we eventually break down and make our parents happy and get married. I will have little tulle bags of asprin instead of candy. Actually, I will have both. Who doesn’t like candy and aspirin? Wait, no. I will have aspirin, advil, tylenol and excedrin so that my little bags will be colorful and people will have a nice selection.
I don't know much about wedding etiquette. Until recently, I didn’t know why people tapped their champagne glasses all the time. However, I would like to think it would be common sense not to schedule your wedding on the Saturday of a three day weekend. When you do this, no one can plan a mini vacation. It’s great that the two of ya are getting married, but it isn’t great when you interrupt traditional mini vacations. I could have just not gone, but some things are obligatory.
My second complaint, in my book, is a legitimate one. When you plan for an outdoor wedding, let the guests know. Not only were there wilting old men in tweed jackets, but we were in direct sun at 11am. Bad news when you have fair skin. I would have brought sunscreen if I knew I had to sit directly beneath the sun as would have the mother of the 4 redheaded children.. Sitting there feeling my skin start to get hot and tight was very distracting. thank pete that my moisturizer has sunscreen in it or I would have gotten a sun burn on my face and i hate when my nose peels. Am I wrong here or should they have included that tidbit of info in the invitation?
So all complaints aside, it wasn’t all that bad. When Jim’s sister and I walked into the reception hall, I noticed that there were wine glasses with what appeared to be aspirin in them. Turns out that the aspirin were white M&M’s with the wedding date printed on them. Luckily Jim's sister (the only one of 6 that i know well enough to feel comfortable around) is cool enough to think that was funny and to not tell the other relatives (who have some connections with a few schools around here) what my warm in the head self thought. However, I still think that aspirin would be a great idea at a wedding with an open bar. I will keep this in mind when we eventually break down and make our parents happy and get married. I will have little tulle bags of asprin instead of candy. Actually, I will have both. Who doesn’t like candy and aspirin? Wait, no. I will have aspirin, advil, tylenol and excedrin so that my little bags will be colorful and people will have a nice selection.















5 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Here, here, Shy. If a pair just has to get married, which forces everyone to wear four layers of clothing in the middle of the summer, they have to do an indoor, air-conditioned kind of thing.
People are uncomfortable, bored and irritable already, but they muscle through it because it's a wedding and it's the civilized thing to do. But wedding planners can't drop surprise pain on anybody. If they do, all bets are off. Feel free to get naked and hide out in the wedding limo. Cut the cake as soon as you get to the reception hall and stuff your face.
Just because it's her happy day, doesn't mean everybody else deserves to suffer.
Hmm How about Vicodin, Valium and Tylenol 3 instead, i mean you really want to take the sting of the event out.
No, no, no, don't listen to Rich, he's on the light stuff. It's Demerol, Oxy and Xanex, now THAT will help next time you're at a wedding......if you make it to the wedding.
these are all good ideas, especially the xanex.
i'm already going to have to hire a bouncer to keep certain family members from my side who just love to argue from meeting certain family members on his side who just love to argue....it will be a political nightmare in ten minutes or less. These people carry newspaper articles, excerpts from books, and cheat sheets in their wallets just so they don't run out of things to argue.
you're all right. simple otc painkillers will not do.
oh and my shoulders are no longer lobster red and i'm not peeling yet. happiness.
Post a Comment
<< Home