V - day Commeth
No not a revival of "V" from whenever it aired back in the eighties (though that would be kind of cool. We could use some scifi mini series action). I'm talking about that day where women world over say or say with out saying, "If you loved me you would buy me (fill in this space with something extravagantly expensive)." If I had beaucoup bucks to throw around I probably wouldn't mind the day so much, but I've never had a whole ton of money to spare so all my anti - consumerism defense mechanisms kick in this time of year.
So what brings this up? My main escapism device is down. I've been out of the media room (aka living room) and haven't been overly exposed to the diamond and car television commercials. (Oh when will Humvee have the, "Nothing says I want a Hummer like a H2" campaign!) I've also avoided listening to Roe Conn try to sell people on buying flowers and lobsters for their significant others (Nothing says I love you like cook me this shellfish I bought you woman!) as I haven't been in said media room during the afternoon radio hours. No I've been hole up in my cave (aka bedroom) with a few good books and the machine of parts (gotta post a new photo. Actually have a desk for the machine now).
Then My older brother emailed me a copy of this article by Richard Roeper. You may know of Mr. Roeper from the little movie review show he does with Roger Ebert. You may not now that Roeper rights a regular column for one of our two local rags: The Chicago Sun Times. As I rule I try not to read the Sun Times. I leaves me feeling dirty and slightly less knowledgeable. The "news" stories are at best sensation and often written at the first or second grade reading level. Why read the columns when I can find better on the internet. This time however, It seems Mr. Roeper hit the nail on the head.
Richard Roeper has uncovered the vast female conspiracy to promote and protect St. Valentines day! I wanted to think that the man was just mixing a condescending attitude with sexism, but then I thought on it some more. Every woman I've known who professed to hate this day was a single woman. Their's wasn't the indictment against consumerism run wild! They were angry because they had been hurt before!
Think about how huge this thing is. Half the worlds population: women. This is the biggest conspiracy ever. When do they get the little ones. My niece is too small have rational thought let alone promote and protect the most of holy of days on the female calendar. Is it when they take all the girls out of the room in grade school to see the movie about how their bodies will change. The guys didn't plot anything. Now that I think back on it there was a female teacher in the room to make sure we didn't form some kind of anti - V day cabal. They have spies in place! I may not be safe now. If they aren't on to me yet I'll try to come up with some counter programming to keep my niece safe.
I stand alone the light before the <3ness (heartness).
So what brings this up? My main escapism device is down. I've been out of the media room (aka living room) and haven't been overly exposed to the diamond and car television commercials. (Oh when will Humvee have the, "Nothing says I want a Hummer like a H2" campaign!) I've also avoided listening to Roe Conn try to sell people on buying flowers and lobsters for their significant others (Nothing says I love you like cook me this shellfish I bought you woman!) as I haven't been in said media room during the afternoon radio hours. No I've been hole up in my cave (aka bedroom) with a few good books and the machine of parts (gotta post a new photo. Actually have a desk for the machine now).
Then My older brother emailed me a copy of this article by Richard Roeper. You may know of Mr. Roeper from the little movie review show he does with Roger Ebert. You may not now that Roeper rights a regular column for one of our two local rags: The Chicago Sun Times. As I rule I try not to read the Sun Times. I leaves me feeling dirty and slightly less knowledgeable. The "news" stories are at best sensation and often written at the first or second grade reading level. Why read the columns when I can find better on the internet. This time however, It seems Mr. Roeper hit the nail on the head.
Richard Roeper has uncovered the vast female conspiracy to promote and protect St. Valentines day! I wanted to think that the man was just mixing a condescending attitude with sexism, but then I thought on it some more. Every woman I've known who professed to hate this day was a single woman. Their's wasn't the indictment against consumerism run wild! They were angry because they had been hurt before!
Think about how huge this thing is. Half the worlds population: women. This is the biggest conspiracy ever. When do they get the little ones. My niece is too small have rational thought let alone promote and protect the most of holy of days on the female calendar. Is it when they take all the girls out of the room in grade school to see the movie about how their bodies will change. The guys didn't plot anything. Now that I think back on it there was a female teacher in the room to make sure we didn't form some kind of anti - V day cabal. They have spies in place! I may not be safe now. If they aren't on to me yet I'll try to come up with some counter programming to keep my niece safe.
I stand alone the light before the <3ness (heartness).















3 Comments:
Screw the cards and the sentiment, just give me the candy...
That Man was so traumatized He saw no other recourse but to take hiself and bunch of people out of the picture! OK thats some some pretty jim jones sick stuff.
I hate Valentine's Day. Now you have exposed to the world why I hate Valentine's Day.
Post a Comment
<< Home